Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, and listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020.
The Communications Associate plays a critical role on Ro’s communications team, from supporting the development of strategy to the implementation of comprehensive communications campaigns. This individual will gain broad exposure to internal teams and initiatives at the company, as well as various communications functions (social media, rapid response, media relations, and more), and be counted on to help advance Ro’s mission to be a patient’s first call.
What You'll Do
- Lead media monitoring efforts for comms team, including real-time updates, analysis, and recommendations
- Support event logistics for Communications and People teams
- Create first drafts of social content, metrics reports, press pitches, internal memos, project plans and other team documents
- Create and manage team support documents and associated organization/folders -- calendars, press lists, messaging documents, etc.
- Serve as project manager for comms team helping to track deliverables and timelines for the team. Experience with project management software, like Asana, is preferred
- Manage needs of Manager and Director-level projects and proactively develop planning and strategy documents
- Serve as communications project lead and liaison to other internal teams such as Marketing, Growth and Design
What You'll Bring
- Excellent project management experience, with the ability to lead and execute multiple time-sensitive projects
- Excellent writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills; able to translate complex topics into accessible content for a wide audience
- Proficiency with leveraging digital/social media as a core component of an integrated communications program
- Motivated team player who can collaborate effectively with diverse teams and working styles; thrives in fast-paced environment; agile and can easily pivot as necessary
- Passion for creative storytelling and understands how to create thoughtful and creative narratives and communications plans to reach targeted audiences
- Creative problem solver and self-starter
- Bachelor’s degree or internship experience in communications-related field
- 1-3 years of experience in-house or at an agency
Benefits + Perks
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
- The cutest office dog you’ve ever seen
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.