Communications Lead, Music, Entertainment & Partnerships at Peloton
Peloton, the leading interactive fitness platform, is looking for a motivated communications expert to support the company's PR priorities across entertainment, sports and partnerships. The Communications Lead would manage the day-to-day communications efforts in support of Peloton’s key tent poles including: high-impact music launches, dynamic initiatives connected to high-profile sports moments and strategic alliances with prestigious partners, successfully promoting the programs that anchor those partnerships.
This role would be responsible for crafting PR plans and strategies, drafting of documents ranging from media relations materials to briefing and messaging documents. The ideal candidate would come to the role with media relationships and be enthusiastic about creating deeper media ties on behalf of Peloton. They would be responsible for driving media awareness for their key programs across press verticals as well as for the larger Peloton brand within those categories of media. The ideal candidate would possess a personal passion for media with a strong understanding of industry trends and a substantial knowledge of the entertainment, content and sports landscapes. They would ideally have experience in music, television, film and/or sports, as well as have some knowledge of what it takes to successfully work with celebrity brands.
Reporting into the Senior Director of Consumer Communications, the candidate will work with a diverse pool of internal and external partners. The ideal candidate would thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment where they are working across teams acting as strategic counsel for their function.
- Lead all aspects of the execution of Peloton’s PR campaigns, programs and initiatives specific to entertainment, sports and partnerships
- Craft communications and media relations strategies across Peloton’s entertainment, sports and partnerships programs
- Draft vital documents including press releases, fact sheets, press pitches, talent and executive briefing books
- Creatively concept and complete impactful press plans strategically launching high profile partner programs, both brands and personalities
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Act as a liaison between Peloton and the brand’s collaborators across entertainment, sports and partnerships
- Consistently drive impactful media coverage and results across business focuses
- Build and develop trusted media relationships on behalf of Peloton
- Proactively share status updates with the Senior Director to ensure cohesive execution across other areas of the Consumer Communications function
- Collaborate with global counterparts to find ways to partner across Peloton’s global press teams in the UK, Canada, Germany and Australia
- Mentor junior team members to support their growth within the Global Communications team and larger company
- Experience crafting communications strategies and programs
- Proven relationships across books of media with a strong grasp of consumer driven music, TV, sports as well as entertainment industry trade media
- Track record of securing brand-building press placements in key media outlets
- Experience working with and promoting talent/brand executives around key initiatives
- A passion for organization and project management, an ability to multi-task with grace
- An entrepreneurial demeanor with the ability to participate in strategic conversations with internal and external partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (writing samples required) with the expertise to craft documents swiftly but with attention to detail
- A passion for storytelling and the drive to proactively craft mediagenic story angles
- Naturally creative with the ability to to generate original ideas
- An understanding of how to translate metrics internally
- 4+ years of PR experience, either agency or in-house
- Entertainment and/or sports industry experience (brand, network, label or agency) category a plus
- Bachelor's degree
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.