Communications Manager at Alt
At Alt, we envision a world where anything is an investable asset. Using trading cards, we’re establishing a proof of concept to create financial products that traditional financial institutions don’t support or recognize as collateral. Our future plans are to expand into other asset classes to support everything from trading cards, watches, NFTs and even LP interests.
To date, we’ve raised over $100 million from thought leaders at the intersection of culture, community, and capital. Some of our investors include Alexis Ohanian’s fund Seven Seven Six, the founders of Stripe, Coinbase co-founder Fred Ehrsam, BlackRock co-founder Sue Wagner, the co-founders of AngelList, First Round Capital, and BoxGroup. We’re also backed by professional athletes including Tom Brady, Candace Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Alex Morgan, Kevin Durant, and Marlon Humphrey.
Alt is a dedicated equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We celebrate our differences and strive to create an inclusive environment for all. We are focused on fostering a culture of empowerment which starts with providing our employees with the resources needed to reach their full potential.
What we are looking for:
The first comms hire for a fast-growing fintech startup. We are looking for an experienced communications and PR manager who can tell our story and help increase the transparency and liquidity of alternative assets. As an early employee and the first communications and PR manager, you will be responsible for crafting our external and internal communications strategy , to build broad consumer awareness and help drive key business results for the company. .The ideal candidate is passionate about sports and excited about the opportunity to live and breathe sports cards and other cultural assets.
The impact you will make:
- Develop and execute on communications programs that elevate the key value props of Alt and the importance of our mission
- Lead profile raising initiatives for executives, including identifying speaking engagements, preparing briefing materials, and staffing media interviews
- Build and support our relationships with third party advocates
- Collaborate with multiple functions and teams across the company such as Leadership, Product, Design, Operations, and Customer Experience
- Build and maintain positive relationships with media and other influencers
- Support day-to-day communication needs
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years of communications experience, including experience at a high-growth technology or financial services company
- Experience working closely with founders and executive leadership
- Media relations experience and a deep understanding of business and tech media
- Ability to build phenomenal cross-functional relationships
- Portfolio of media results that spotlight your ability to deliver top media coverage
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building relationships with positive third party advocates
- You are flexible and quick to adapt to changing timelines and deliverables
- Willingness to learn about new financial products and different asset classes
- You are passionate about investing and are familiar with alternative assets (crypto, NFTs, etc).
What you will get from us:
- You will be given resources to help grow your personal brand and to position yourself as a thought leader in areas relevant to Alt.
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Alt team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. The opportunities for growth are truly limitless.
- An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster an environment that supports and engages talent in their current and future endeavors.
- Stipend to invest in alternative assets
- 401K, Work from home and Wellness Stipends
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- Competitive healthcare benefits, including HSA, for you and your dependent(s)