Squarespace is seeking an accomplished Communications Manager to lead employee/internal communications.
At Squarespace, the world’s most talented engineers, designers, and thought leaders are shaping the future of online publishing. You will build and execute a strategy to clearly communicate our vision, platform and products in ways that educate, inspire and engage our rapidly growing workforce of nearly 900 employees in three global offices. You’ll work directly with senior leadership of the company to serve as a thought partner on internal communications, ensuring that communications are clear and consistent while aligning with our overall business strategy, culture and values. You’ll also collaborate with our broader marketing, people, design, strategy, and product teams to create programs that strengthen employee engagement and drive Squarespace forward as an employer brand.
This role will report to the Director of Communications in our NYC headquarters.
- Build and execute a sophisticated internal communications program that evolves alongside our fast-growing company; define and implement internal communications channels and best practices
- Closely partner with senior company leadership to advise on all internal communications matters
- Advise, edit and write internal communications on behalf of leadership that are clear and consistent
- Manage complex organizational communications
- Collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders to create programs that strengthen employee engagement
- 8+ years of experience working in-house in internal/employee communications in various disciplines, such as organizational, change and executive communications; consumer tech experience preferred
- Strategic thinker with impeccable project, time, and relationship management skills
- Experience working directly with and advising senior business leaders in executing communications plans that achieve business objectives; ability to build strong relationships quickly
- An appreciation for how thoughtful and creative communications strategies can impact employee behavior
- Strong track record of partnership with cross functional teams
- Ability to absorb and implement a wide range of feedback thoroughly and efficiently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 670 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.