Communications Manager at Alt
Alt is on a mission to make investing in alternative assets as easy as investing in stocks. We are redefining alternative assets to include new asset classes that have historically been relegated to the territory of hobbyists and collectors, rather than investors. With Alt, we're turning sports cards – and eventually watches, sneakers, and art – into investable assets.
Our investors include VCs such as 776, First Round Capital, BoxGroup, SV Angel as well as notable angels such as the founders of Stripe, Blackrock and Coinbase. Some professional athletes, including Kevin Durant, Larry Fitzgerald, and Tobias Harris all across different sports have also invested in Alt.
What we are looking for:
The first comms hire for a fast-growing fintech startup. We are looking for an experienced communications and PR manager who can tell our story and help increase the transparency and liquidity of alternative assets. As an early employee and the first communications and PR manager, you will be responsible for crafting our external and internal communications strategy , to build broad consumer awareness and help drive key business results for the company. .The ideal candidate is passionate about sports and excited about the opportunity to live and breathe sports cards and other cultural assets.
The impact you will make:
- Develop and execute on communications programs that elevate the key value props of Alt and the importance of our mission
- Lead profile raising initiatives for executives, including identifying speaking engagements, preparing briefing materials, and staffing media interviews
- Build and support our relationships with third party advocates
- Collaborate with multiple functions and teams across the company such as Leadership, Product, Design, Operations, and Customer Experience
- Build and maintain positive relationships with media and other influencers
- Support day-to-day communication needs
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years of communications experience, including experience at a high-growth technology or financial services company
- Experience working closely with founders and executive leadership
- Media relations experience and a deep understanding of business and tech media
- Ability to build phenomenal cross-functional relationships
- Portfolio of media results that spotlight your ability to deliver top media coverage
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building relationships with positive third party advocates
- You are flexible and quick to adapt to changing timelines and deliverables
- Willingness to learn about new financial products and different asset classes
- You are passionate about investing and are familiar with alternative assets (crypto, NFTs, etc).
What you will get from us:
- You will be given resources to help grow your personal brand and to position yourself as a thought leader in areas relevant to Alt.
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Alt team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. The opportunities for growth are truly limitless.
- An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster an environment that supports and engages talent in their current and future endeavors.
- Stipend to invest in alternative assets
- 401K, Work from home and Wellness Stipends
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- Competitive healthcare benefits, including HSA, for you and your dependent(s)