Communications Senior Associate at Peloton
Peloton is seeking a Communications Senior Associate to support the efforts of the Consumer Communications team across a variety of brand initiatives including instructor press, content and music programs, apparel, retail, studios and community.
This person will be a savvy communicator, strong collaborator, and possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to balance many projects at once. The role will report into the Senior Communications Lead while supporting the larger team holistically as well as be accountable for day-to-day projects of their own. This candidate should ideally have a strong desire to work in media relations and an appetite to cultivate and develop media relationships.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding verbal communications, writing, and editing skills, be able to function well in a fast-paced environment, and work well with cross-functional partners.
- Assist with the development and implementation of new and existing priority programs, campaigns, and launches
- Responsible for comprehensive research and media audits around key tentpoles
- Track news and current events relevant to brand initiatives and industry categories, and share articles of interest with relevant team members and cross-functional partners
- Monitor fitness, style, and lifestyle trends for the team to leverage strategically
- Proofread and craft initial drafts of key documents ranging from briefing books to internal communications and organizational documents
- Support the team’s efforts to manage logistics and details around fast-moving projects including press and Member events, producing broadcast segments, instructor appearances and bookings, etc.
- Create, maintain and consistently update team media lists and other tracking documents
- Support with administrative tasks including website updates, internal newsletters and managing the team’s content on the Peloton Newsroom
- Support other ad hoc PR tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years dedicated experience in communications, in-house or agency
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to build and develop relationships
- Solid writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent attention to detail and deadlines
- The ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
- A personal passion for and interest in media and media relations
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.