Communications Specialist at Noom
Noom is a leading global digital health company. We believe in the power of health care over sick care—to help more people live healthier lives. Driven by technology, science, and human coaches, Noom has helped millions of people build healthier habits and successfully take control of their health.
While we believe weight management is the foundation of better health, it’s just the beginning of our healthcare pursuits at Noom. We’re applying our mind-and-body approach toward preventing conditions like pre-diabetes and diabetes, helping people manage their stress and anxiety, and much more.
Fortune, Inc., Glassdoor, and Crain’s have all named Noom a Best Place to Work including being named on Fortune’s lists for Best Workplaces in Technology, Best Workplaces for Women, and Best Workplaces for Millennials. As a rapidly growing company, Noom has also been included in Crain’s Fast 50 and Deloitte’s Fast 500. Our co-founders have been the recipients of EY’s Entrepreneur of the Year and Fortune’s 40 under 40 in Health.
Across our dynamic and high-growth organization, we empower our teams to execute on big ideas. We start and end each day believing that it’s our responsibility to make the world a healthier place.
If you’re interested in creating lasting change at a mission-driven company, then we should talk. Our Communications Team is seeking a Communications Specialist to help our team raise the bar and amplify the Noom story. Though our goals are lofty, we’ve accumulated the talent and skills needed to help us make them a reality—all that’s missing is you.
What You'll Do
- Support the Communications with daily media monitoring and fielding of requests.
- Develop a wide range of communications materials including media trackers, one pagers, press page, and editorial calendars.
- Organize the Communication team’s library of content.
- Maintain databases of coverage, press activity, and press targets; manage PR tracking and analytics.
- Assist in drafting award submissions, speaking opportunities, and consumer-facing pitches.
- Monitor and advise team members on status of projects, due dates, and necessary milestones.
- Collect and organize data from cross-functional groups working in parallel with the Communications team.
- Conduct research relevant to the organization and prospective media opportunities.
- Manage team meetings, maintain and distribute notes and team updates.
- Manage communications calendar and other resources across the team.
What We Look For
- 1-3 years of experience in communications, public relations and/or journalism.
- Talent for creative idea generation and storytelling.
- Detail oriented and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication and outstanding listening skills.
- Strong knowledge of the media and communications industries.
- Ability to lead through ambiguity and prioritize across multiple projects and tasks.
- Must be local to NYC or willing to relocate (work in office at least ~4 days per week).
- Strong cross-functional partnership to drive collaboration with the marketing, sales, engineering and product teams.
- Highly computer and Internet literate, with strong understanding of Google Suite, Slack and Zoom. Bonus: You have familiarity with media databases, social listening and project management tools.
What Makes This Job Amazing
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll have wonderful benefits including healthcare/dental, wellness budget, food budget, onsite yoga, and an annual technology upgrade allowance
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting you; we’ll cover the cost of books, mentors, courses, conferences… you name it!
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, equity, and benefits. We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.