Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Our mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health Care use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
We are currently seeking a creative, hardworking, and strategically sophisticated Communications Strategist to join our Marketing Team in New York City. The Communications Strategist — reporting to the Director of Communications — will play a critical role in crafting and executing impactful U.S. and global communications and public relations strategies that help Yext grow.
The successful candidate will be an exceptional written and verbal communicator, meticulous researcher, and strategic thinker who is up for a challenge.
- Support communications strategy and execution, with responsibilities spanning public relations, thought leadership writing, coordination, research, and direct media relations activities
- Draft and edit documents such as press releases, op-eds, and blog posts
- Build lasting relationships with and pitch stories to reporters, producers, and editors
- Actively seek out news stories relevant to Yext’s expertise and find story angles through which Yext can provide meaningful insight
- Coordinate with and support international PR teams
- Build and maintain media lists
- Manage speaking opportunity and award applications
- Continually look for ways to optimize Yext’s communications strategy to improve performance and results
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of experience in a PR-related, external communications, or other writing-intensive role
- Extraordinary writing ability, with demonstrated creativity and attention to detail
- An energetic, flexible, and approachable work style
- Two to four years experience in a communications or other writing-intensive role at a tech company, public relations agency, news outlet, or other relevant organization
- Genuine interest in current events and the news, with a natural antenna for what’s newsworthy and what isn’t
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, resourceful, dedicated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills
- Passion for building an iconic global technology company
- Experience working with journalists, with a proven track record of securing public relations opportunities and placing stories
- Experience owning a core strategic initiative and being a cross-functional ambassador for a department or organization, working well with others of very different skill sets and priorities
- Passion for digging deeper into new technologies and industry trends, and ability to offer ideas for new and creative applications of Yext’s content and thought leadership
- Experience developing strategic communications plans and making recommendations to senior executives
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. Area. For more information, visit yext.com.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.