Communications Strategy Lead at Redesign Health
Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.About Redesign
Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to fund and launch companies that transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our first companies include Lively, Ever/Body, Vault Health, Springtide, HealthQuarters, Calibrate, Proper, and stealth ventures in payment integrity, elder care, and complex care. We’re capitalized with permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.About the Job
To support our continued growth, Redesign is seeking to hire a Communications Strategy Lead to help us tell our story and the stories of our portfolio companies. In this role, you will be responsible for breaking down complexity through written and visual storytelling and conveying our narrative in a concise and impactful way for a variety of audiences. You will have an immediate influence on our ability to educate our investors, strategic partners, candidates, and other key stakeholders on the Redesign model, and will help shape how we position our healthcare innovation platform. You will work closely with Redesign leadership along with cross functional teams on multiple concurrent projects. The Communications Strategy Lead will report to the Chief of Staff at our NYC headquarters.Responsibilities:
- Narrative development
- Partner with the Redesign leadership team to build strategic narratives that convey the Redesign model, strategy, and unique value proposition through written and visual storytelling for our investors, partners, candidates, and other key stakeholders
- Partner with our portfolio company founding teams to communicate and synthesize the stories of our ventures to support key fundraising and press related processes
- Partner with our Director of Brand Design on the visual translation of key ideas, complex graphics, and other design elements
- Support strategic partnership discussions by designing data-driven stories to inform internal and external executive-level decision makers
- Thought leadership
- Partner with the Chief of Staff to establish Redesign’s thought partnership efforts, ranging from content (blog posts, content marketing, etc.) to events (conferences, bootcamps, dinners) to speaking engagements and more
- Support a number of other special projects and strategic initiatives including PR/branding efforts, LinkedIn strategy, internal strategic updates, and more
- Communications infrastructure
- Systematically build, maintain, and manage relationships with a bench of contractors/consultants who can provide various types of presentation and communications support
- Develop processes to track, prioritize, project manage, and communicate about the status of critical presentations
- Develop and maintain archive of historic versions of presentations; ensure the latest version of critical presentations such as the Redesign Overview, Redesign Fundraising Teaser, and Redesign Partnerships Teaser are up-to-date, consistent, and easily accessible to relevant internal and external stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience with a background in management consulting, communications strategy, and/or brand strategy
- Experience working with executive teams, investors, and/or clients to develop high-impact visual content that simplifies complex concepts through simple, easy to understand ideas and design
- Experience pulling together multiple different, and sometimes conflicting, inputs (data, qualitative feedback, hypothesis, etc.) into a common point of view
- A history of maintaining high standards of service excellence
- Experience planning and hosting content driven events is a plus but not required
- Entrepreneurial drive with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to form deep trust based relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to drive a process forward through completion, and to effectively prioritize competing objectives and urgent deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact effectively with company founders and management teams
- Ability to use keywords, graphics and design choices to visually communicate a specific message to different audiences
Redesign’s mission is to transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives by elevating patient experiences, increasing information transparency, and democratizing access to high quality healthcare.
Our vision is to connect extraordinary people and ideas with capital and resources to create better healthcare solutions.
At Redesign, we value achieving results thoughtfully, quickly, and compassionately. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Solve for impact: Healthcare is complex and opaque, but we’re positioned to meet the challenge. If not us, then who?
- Patients first: We are all consumers of healthcare. We create real solutions for real needs.
- Outcome over egos: Our work is bigger than us. What we’re building together is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Bias for action: We move fast, but we’re deliberate. We don’t delay success or failure.
- Continuous learning: We seek feedback early and often. Iteration and insight allow us to connect the dots and are key to our process.
- Practice good intent: We take our work seriously, but we’re never too busy to be kind.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits and perks
- Lunch & Learn sessions hosted by internal and external industry experts featuring topics ranging from “Qualities of a Strong Consumer Brand” to “Combating Unconscious Bias”
- Variety of functional, social, and community focused groups and meetups across the Redesign ecosystem and portfolio
- Annual learning stipend
- 16-week parental leave
- Fully stocked kitchen with plenty of coffee and tea, cold brew and iced tea on tap, a Bevi machine, and a variety of snacks
- Dog friendly office