BetterCloud is the first provider of SaaSOps solutions to manage and secure the digital workplace. Over 2,500 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across a company’s SaaS application portfolio. A pioneer of the SaaSOps movement, the company established the first-ever “SaaS Application Management and Security Framework” via two published books entitled “The IT Leader’s Guide to SaaSOps” — Vol. 1: “A Six-part Framework for Managing Your SaaS Applications” & Vol. 2: “How to Secure Your SaaS Applications.” BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, CA and Atlanta, GA.
We’re a high energy, high growth tech company searching for a Community Director in New York or Atlanta who will be an instrumental member of our marketing leadership. We’re looking for a self-starter who can take initiative in a fast-paced environment and help us evolve into the tech unicorn we’re shaping up to be.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise SaaS marketing building a world-class community of IT professionals.
- Knows how to curate a community of 75K customer and non-customer participants; to foster learning, thought leadership, networking, collaboration and championing. Excited to double membership in the next year.
- Has an adaptable playbook to consolidate multiple thriving collaborative community programs (The Monitor, BetterIT, Altitude, Integration Center) into a single, unified experience which nurtures participant engagement and tactfully drives interest with BetterCloud solutions.
- Knows how to create a culture where customers are proud and honored to participate in BetterCloud programs and help drive the SaaSOps movement.
- Entrepreneurial, unafraid to roll-up sleeves, get it done and "lead from the front” approach.
- Technical chops and experience in the SaaS application landscape. Able to authentically be a member of our community; to understand their pains, needs, interests and ambitions; as well as the content that is shared.
- Strong ability to plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Team player and strong collaborator with a variety of people and teams.
- Analytically savvy, thinks numbers are important, and can keep up with the best in marketing operations and data operations.
- Strategic mindset with the vision to direct our company’s efforts in building a best-in-class community (e.g. Jamf Nation, Marketo Nation, Gainsight Pulse and Salesforce Trailblazers, etc.)
- Well versed with the numbers and knows what success looks like. Work closely with marketing operations and data operations to track membership growth, engagement, and conversion.
- Finds new ways to engage members (thought leadership, posts, long-form content, videos, podcasts, community events, meetups, etc.); ensures regular participation; proactively builds relationships with contributors; identifies good candidate for for community and marketing opportunities.
- Creates onboarding cadence for new members; sends newsletters with round-ups of the best contributions.
- Curates community content and identifies contributors from outside as well as internally via Product, Marketing, Sales, etc.
- Lives and breathes the customer journey; can’t sleep knowing there’s an opportunity to improve the growth and success of SaaSOps.
- Evaluate, recommend and deploy a software infrastructure to support a sophisticated community environment (think Stack Overflow).
- Consolidates the BC community brands under one umbrella. Collaboration with website lead to make sure the experience is tightly integrated with core marketing solutions and experience.
- Owns the front door membership program to the community & overall community growth roadmap.
- Works with PR and field marketing to ensure community is promoted through various channels.
- Works with customer advocacy to identify community ambassadors to help promote other members, and moderate community Q&A board.
- Collaboration with CMO and other marketing leaders to build and execute community strategy.
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.