Codecademy has helped over 45 million people learn to code. Join one of the most exciting technology companies in New York that is changing the way we learn.
Millennials are highly-educated, tech-literate, and mission-driven. Yet seven years after the great recession ended, nearly half of young university grads are underemployed, meaning they aren’t working jobs that require a degree. And the situation has only recently begun to improve. This year US students will graduate with $37,000 in debt, only to accept unpaid internships and part-time jobs.
Meanwhile, software is eating the world, disrupting first media, publishing, and entertainment, and now food, transportation, and travel, creating millions of new technology jobs that companies are eager to fill. By 2020 there will be a shortage of 1 million more tech jobs than computer science grads.
We can be the bridge. We can help this generation gain the skill to fill these jobs and enjoy happier, more fulfilling careers.
Codecademy teaches the world the skills they need to find jobs. Join our team and help us to cultivate our community experience for all our learners. As a Community Manager on our Product Operations team, you will help define Codecademy's community engagement strategy and carry out its implementation. You will work with our community volunteers and Coaching staff to build opportunities for our users to make connections with each-other and maximize their learning both online and offline. You will get your hands dirty to continually upgrade the communal learning experience with Codecademy, testing different ideas and working with others to scale what works. You will foster and lead a growing segment of "super users," our most active and engaged learners, to gather ideas and amplify your ability to act on them.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to set the strategy for our communities, then building and executing on a plan to bring that strategy to life.
- Creating and nurturing a fun, collaborative space to for our learners to converse and connect. You'll continually collaborate with our most passionate and active learners to understand how our community engagement can improve, then you'll execute on those plans.
- Building and maintaining a group of our most engaged learners, harnessing their passion to help moderate and facilitate discussions across our platforms.
- Personally interacting with learners, their conversations and questions, forwarding them on to other Codecademy staff members, particularly Customer Support, as appropriate.
- Defining and reporting on community health metrics. You will analyze quantitative and qualitative feedback to identify insights into user needs, then share those insights to help inform the team’s strategic and creative decision-making.
- Collaborating with our Content Marketing and social media teams to define and extend the brand voice to connect with our learners through both pre-planned and conversational content.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Experience using and managing community groups
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to think on your feet and problem solve in collaboration with cross-departmental teams
- Critical thinking skills
- Working understanding & ability to speak about a technical product
- Community, customer service, support, and/or operational experience at a consumer-facing company
- You’re a people-person and a connector: you have natural relationship-building skills, you're deeply empathetic, and you have a proven love for developing communities.
- Passionate about teaching the world to code
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.