Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
As a Community Manager you will build global community programs to facilitate collaborative learning. You’ll scale our programs worldwide, creating collaborative, productive, and positive communities of passionate Codecademy learners who wish to learn together. You will work with community leaders and the Codecademy Product and Marketing teams to build and promote experiences that connect people all over the world, allowing them to learn with others and thus have a more well-rounded and effective learning experience.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Scale community programs to include millions of active members.
- Support our community leaders as their primary point-of-contact.
- Recruit, onboard, and manage new community leaders.
- Create and execute strategic initiatives to build new community programs that drive revenue for the business.
- Work with community leaders to create innovative ways to engage and grow membership.
Measure the business impact of community programs.
- Tie community engagement to key product metrics such as acquisition, activation, conversion, and retention.
- Work with the Data Science team to develop insights that can be used to evolve the community and increase its impact on the business.
- Work with our Marketing team to surface community stories and promote them broadly.
- Share community stories and results with the company on a consistent basis.
- 1-2 years of experience as a Community Manager with a focus on building virtual communities to foster friendly and productive collaboration.
- You have verifiably excellent public speaking, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A natural enthusiasm and interest in learning to code with Codecademy.
- The ability to create and nurture a fun, imaginative, and collaborative space for community members.
- The ability and penchant for project management; you take a project-driven approach to partnering with community leaders on new initiatives and campaigns.
- You’re a people-person and a connector; you have natural relationship-building skills, you're deeply empathetic, and you have a proven love for developing communities.
- A firm understanding and ability to speak about technical products and initiatives.
- Experience working with community platform tools such as Bevy, Discourse, and Discord.
- Experience analyzing data with tools such as spreadsheets, SQL, and Looker.
- Experience working in the technical education industry, ideally in a customer-facing role.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.