Competitive Intelligence Manager at BetterCloud
BetterCloud has offices in New York, Atlanta, and San Francisco. We are currently seeking new talent in Salt Lake City, Denver, and Austin.
BetterCloud is the leading SaaS Management Platform (SMP) that enables IT professionals to discover, manage and secure the growing stack of SaaS applications in the digital workplace. With an expanding ecosystem of SaaS integrations, thousands of forward thinking organizations like Zoom, Walmart, and Square now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across their cloud application portfolio.
A pioneer of the SaaSOps movement, BetterCloud has built a community of more than 45K IT professionals who are embracing the new role of SaaSOps within IT organizations. The company launched the first-ever annual SaasOps-focused conference, Altitude, and publishes annually the definitive market research report, State of SaaSOps, on the market and category.
BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, CA and Atlanta, GA. The company's total amount raised to date is $187 million. Investors include Warburg Pincus, Accel, Bain Capital Ventures, Flybridge Capital Partners, and Greycroft Partners.
As the Competitive Intelligence Manager, you will be developing a deep technical and strategic understanding of the competitive landscape and building strategic programs to arm BetterCloud to effectively monitor, position, and win deals against competing products and services. This experienced individual contributor will have broad cross-functional impact and will require successful collaboration with the product, solution engineering, sales, customer success, and partnership teams to build compelling competitive response programs.
- 3+ years of experience leading technical competitive intelligence programs ideally for SaaS-based solutions offered through B-to-B sales-led environments.
- Ability to gather and analyze technical features and identify and capture competitive risk and opportunity through various research methods and resources.
- Skilled in taking key insights about competitors’ products, strategy, and messaging and translating it into key takeaways, effective narratives and high-impact sales resources.
- Team player and strong cross-functional collaborator and influencer who knows how to drive success working with product, engineering, sales, partners and post-sales teams.
- Experience in the market and technology landscape in which BetterCloud competes.
- Experiencing establishing, optimizing, and maintaining customized third-party competitive intelligence services (e.g. Klue, Crayon) for monitoring competitors and developing competitive response content.
- Outstanding communicator including written, presentations, and analysis; comfortable interfacing with C-level and senior members of the BetterCloud solution engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, and product teams.
- Monitor for new, emerging and evolving competitors across same and adjacent market segments and execute technical research on competitors and deliver actionable insights and the latest updates to product, sales, and customer success teams.
- Collaborate with solutions engineering, sales and customer success to identify, gather and disseminate technical competitive information through all stages in the sales process.
- Build and refine a right-sized competitive intelligence response process for rapidly evaluating existing competitors and emerging threats and establish compete-specific training curriculums in support of all customer-facing teams.
- Develop comprehensive messaging frameworks, competitive playbooks and other assets that successfully arm sales and customer success teams with detailed competitive intelligence and resources.
- Provide insights to product management on relevant technology advancements made by competitors.
- Build relationships across teams, particularly with solutions engineering, sales, marketing and product orgs, to evangelize the competitive intelligence function.
- Be comfortable presenting as an SME in front of audiences both internal and external and at the executive level.
- Some travel may be required throughout our 3 offices (once it becomes safe to travel again)
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.