About the role…
Location: NYC or NC
The award-winning Policygenius Content Team is dedicated to producing innovative, best-in-class content that helps readers get the financial protection they need and feel good about it. The Content Director will lead and grow all Advance Planning content (including our flagship Life Insurance vertical as well as Wills & Estate Planning, Disability Insurance and reviews across all insurance verticals) to establish Policygenius as a go-to content brand in financial protection. This role will report to the GM of Content.
In this role, you will…
- Lead editorial strategy and operations for Life Insurance content—a critical driver for our core business—and grow our library of content for newer verticals in Disability Insurance and Wills & Estate Planning
- Expand and develop industry-leading guides like the Policygenius Life Insurance Price Index and other innovative content in the Life Insurance and Advance Planning spaces
- Build a new team of editors focused on insurance company ratings and reviews and ensure we’re delivering the best reviews content on the internet
- Manage, mentor and motivate team members to produce high-quality content and meet core business goals
- Partner with our internal SEO team and external consultants to oversee improvements to our content aimed at maintaining and improving our search rankings
- Work with senior leaders to set, track and achieve ambitious goals for rankings, traffic, and revenue
- Make data-informed decisions about content and audience strategy
- Support and collaborate on the overall Policygenius content marketing strategy
We'd love to hear from you if…
- You have 8+ years of experience in editorial or content marketing, including significant experience using SEO to drive content strategy and creation
- You’re a thoughtful manager with a history of successfully building and leading high-performing editorial teams; you’ve developed and inspired people while preparing them for future roles, setting performance expectations, and instilling a values-based team culture
- You have a proven track record of growing an engaged audience through SEO
- You’re collaborative, diplomatic and humble, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills; you thrive working cross-functionally
- You’re equally comfortable setting big-picture strategy and rewriting a meta description or lede
- You’re up-to-date on digital media trends and platforms — and love trying to game them!
Hiring Manager:You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!