Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities — something that couldn’t be more important right now in our world, and in the tech industry.
As a Content Manager at Meetup, you are responsible for ensuring that the stories and messages we convey as a product and a business are compelling, consistent, and clear. Meetup’s Content Manager is part of the Marketing team but works closely with the Product, and Support teams to develop and execute content that elevates the customer experience and provides helpful information to Meetup’s customers. This role is expected to have a solid grasp of business and user goals, offer expertise on the right content and the right time for it and own the effective writing of that content. This role requires the ability to define content problems in broader contexts and negotiate strategies and solutions for them independently and manage content contributors.
What you get to do:
- Partner with other Marketing team members to create and deliver branded content that’s clear, compelling, and consistent
- Create messaging strategies for branded content and guide the team’s use of voice and tone
- Write and edit marketing copy for a broad range of media channels and content formats, including blog articles, landing pages, ads, video scripts, email campaigns, press releases, and print collateral
- Maintain a consistent publication schedule and support all Marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with social media, curation, design, and other creative roles to coordinate and amplify storytelling efforts
- Own Meetup’s blog Community Matter and manage the relationship between Meetup and external partners
- Research and audit brand communications to identify gaps as well as opportunities for improvement
- Work with other content roles to bring coherence and consistency to writing efforts across the company
- Participate in critiques, working sessions, and user interviews to develop clear solutions for achieving a unified brand voice
- Help evolve UX writing guidelines and contribute to content governance efforts
- Constantly look for opportunities to measure content performance and demonstrate the value of content strategy
- Apply systems thinking to evaluate and suggest improvements to Meetup content, considering the overall customer experience and the different forms and contexts for the content users encounter
- Evolve brand voice and tone guidelines and contribute to content governance efforts
- Help develop processes to improve the work and how it gets communicated
- Partner with product managers to resolve inconsistencies and surface opportunities in our core user flows, placing emphasis on areas where content-first thinking can improve the UX
- Improve processes to better enable content development across our platforms, proactively accounting for localization, accessibility, and policy issues
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in with branded content development—ideally for influential, product-driven brands
- A strong writing portfolio that includes samples of multi-channel marketing content and demonstrates your ability to adopt a voice and craft a narrative; brand guidelines work is a plus
- Experience as a content strategist or UX writer, working both independently and cross-functionally on product/tech teams
- Exceptional attention to detail and sense of judgment, with the ability to edit your own work effectively
- Ability to lead thinking, explain the reasoning, and present findings and recommendations in a clear and articulate manner—both in writing and in person
- A collaborative work style that enables you to write evolving content to deadline
- Sensitivity to content issues relating to localization, accessibility, inclusion, and privacy, as well as the ability to quickly internalize related guidelines
- Humility, a sense of humor, and (occasionally) dogged persistence
- Familiarity with content issues relating to localization, accessibility, inclusion, and privacy, as well as the ability to quickly internalize and/or generate guidelines
- Familiarity with design considerations and partnership, with a high level of comfort giving/receiving constructive feedback about work in progress
To be successful in this role, you will consistently deliver high-quality work, not only in terms of writing but also in terms of creating clear frameworks, advocating for customers, and developing strategies to promote a great experience for Meetup’s audience. They will also demonstrate a high level of effectiveness in collaborating and communicating across functions at Meetup.
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?