Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names. We’re a profitable and fast growing organization looking for talented, self-directed individuals who combine technical know-how with excellent writing abilities.
You’re a writer with some coding experience who gets excited about connecting with the developer community. You’ve used (or better yet, engaged with) Stack Overflow, Github, and Hacker News. You always keep your finger on the pulse of today’s most exciting open source projects, machine learning frameworks, and web protocols. You’ll produce original content for our blog, newsletter, and social media. You’re able to set a strategic vision just as well as you can execute, and you’re excited about building something (and fixing what isn’t working). Above all, you’re about getting results.
What you’ll do:
- Write original essays, how-to pieces, and interviews with clients and community members. Source your own ideas and be open to taking assignments.
- Get to know our community, build relationships with moderators and users, and find ways to identify and highlight the best user generated content .
- Partner with the Product, Community, and Sales teams to create compelling ideas for content projects that can engage our community, grow our online audience, and support our lines of business.
- Help to research and write in-depth case studies and white papers about the value our tools bring to clients and community. Integrate written analysis with data and graphics to make your message shine.
What you need to have:
- 3-5 years of writing experience, with experience communicating to developers preferred.
- Familiarity with the online communities where developers and people who hire developers congregate.
- Fluency in social media and the most up-to-date memes making the rounds among developers, engineers, hiring managers, and CIOs.
- Empathy for, and understanding of, developers (how they think, work, learn, communicate, and find jobs).
- Proficient with developer marketing tactics and techniques.
- Familiarity with content marketing and product marketing best practices.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.