Content Marketing Lead
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
You’re a passionate marketer and with it, a voracious consumer of content. You have a favorite content marketing campaign. Rather than scrolling past native ads, you stop to dissect what they’re doing right and what they’re doing wrong. You’ll lead Stack Overflow’s lean but mighty Content Marketing team, and kick things off by thinking expansively about what a best-in-class content strategy looks like for an organization with one mission and three lines-of-business. You’ll quickly evolve our strategy to comprise myriad types of content from blog posts and white papers to videos to infographics, running experiments along the way to test, prove, and scale what works. You love to collaborate, as you’ll work in close partnership with Product Marketing, Digital Marketing, and Sales along the way.
What you’ll do:
- Audit current content strategy and test new forms of content to craft a plan that advances Marketing’s impact on each line of business (Engagement, Enterprise and Teams, and Talent).
- Plan and manage Stack Overflow’s content calendar to reach audiences relevant to all three of our lines of business and to our core developer audience on stackoverflow.com.
- Partner with Digital Marketing Lead on lead nurturing and targeted campaigns, ensuring that campaigns go out on time, have been QAed, and have reporting plans in place prior to launch.
- Write and edit content as needed to support the content calendar - from blog posts to video scripts.
- Brainstorm and develop programming for content marketing campaigns against sales goals.
- Build an internal library where content is organized, tagged, and easily accessible for sales and marketing teams.
- Ensure all deliverables meet highest standards for the Stack Overflow voice, narrative, and SEO.
- Report regularly on all content programs (engagement, campaign efficacy) and recommend what to try next.
- Understand how to balance marketing and creative strategies in storytelling, creating memorable editorial and connecting with target personas.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Digital, and Design to distribute, repackage, and test content, continually innovating and optimizing our approach.
- Manage content operations, budgets, and production process as appropriate.
- Use data, research, and insights (SEO, Google Analytics) to inform a content experience that’s cohesive and effective across all channels.
What you need to have:
- 5-8 years of marketing experience, with at least 5 years of professional writing and/or editing experience. Experience working at a content marketing agency preferred; experience working with sales teams is a bonus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to collaborate; effectively working across multiple levels, roles, and functions in the organization.
- Experience crafting and executing content marketing campaigns, including written, video, and infographic content, as well as content distribution via email, display, LinkedIn, and other social media channels.
- Experience defining reporting strategies and optimizing with business and marketing team members.
- Empathy for, and understanding of, developers (how they think, work, learn, communicate, and find jobs).
- Familiarity with developer marketing tactics and techniques as well as cutting-edge content marketing practices.
- Proficient in marketing automation.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.