Content Marketing Lead at Orchard
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices in Austin, Denver and Atlanta, Orchard has over 200 employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen.
About the Role
Buying and selling a home is one the biggest financial decisions of a person’s life. Your content will help guide people through every step of the process, making it feel easier, more transparent. You’ll play a critical role in building Orchard’s content marketing efforts, where we view content as an untapped opportunity for growth. You’ll help craft our strategy from the ground up, ideating, publishing, and optimizing best-in-class content. A highly cross-functional role, you’ll also be partnering with product, engineering, product marketing, and customer experience to scope and execute new content tests. This is a full-time role that will report into the Growth Marketing Lead and will be based in New York.
What You’ll Do Here
- Lead our content strategy and vision - we want you to have a strong point of view on how to craft content that’s SEO-friendly, relevant to our business, and useful for home buyers and sellers
- Recruit and manage a team of freelance writers to assist with content creation
- Be responsible for managing a high-output content calendar
- Use data to identify new content opportunities and areas for optimization
- Partner with product marketing, product, and engineering to bring ambitious content ideas to fruition
- Help build out reporting for SEO and communicate results to stakeholders
We’d Love to Hear From You if You:
- 3+ years of experience in content marketing
- Understand SEO best practices to optimize content for reach and engagement
- Preference for experience at a company with a high-consideration service (financial services, real estate)
- Are passionate about distilling complex ideas and processes into digestible, effective content
- Firmly believe content can take a reader from discovery to action
- Excel at writing, editing, and researching, but are also business-minded and analytical
- Have strong prioritization skills and an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Are comfortable in a fast-paced environment
We're proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes as one of the best workplaces of 2020. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.