Content Marketing Manager (Writer) at Animoto
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:16 p.m. (EST) on Friday, October 16, 2020
We are considering candidates who are based anywhere within the USA.
At Animoto, we believe video is the most powerful form of communication. That’s why we make best-in-class, easy-to-use online and mobile video creation apps. Our customers use our apps, along with our pre-built narrative templates, to customize their own engaging video stories to share on social media and beyond.
Over the next two years, we have a mission to make video creation faster, easier, and more fun in ways that have never been done before.
We're looking for a storyteller to lead the way crafting compelling, creative, actionable content. You’ll be in charge of developing and implementing our content marketing strategy. In short, your job is to get the right message to the right people at the right time.
You’ll be working primarily with the Product Marketing team to handle all aspects of our content marketing strategy, but you’ll also work cross-functionally with all of our departments.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and manage a content calendar based on key trends, company initiatives, and partner initiatives
- Research, write, and edit content that advances Animoto’s thought leadership, attracts prospects, and educates and engages existing users
- Craft original content and highly creative copy for a variety of marketing materials. That will include blog posts, whitepapers, landing pages, ads, emails, infographics, video scripts, and more
- Take ownership of, and report on, key metrics and KPIs to measure content performance
- Work closely with other content creators (writers, designers, and video producers) on engaging content across all the Animoto properties
- Ensure that all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience
- Be a steward of best practices in messaging, grammar, writing, and style
- Manage, audit, update, and optimize our library of existing content
- Proactively develop standards, processes, and best practices for innovative content creation, distribution, and repurposing
- Edit, proofread, and improve content from all internal and external content creators
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years experience in content marketing and strategy
- Ability to use data and research to influence content strategy and enable optimization based on those results
- Experience managing and executing on a robust content calendar
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to balance multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to craft marketing messages that resonate with varied personas at all stages of the customer journey from acquisition to retention
- Experience creating B2B content for SAAS marketing campaigns
- Experience in video or video marketing
Why join Animoto:
- Opportunities for professional growth
- 100% covered health insurance, equity, 401k
- Upgraded subscriptions for Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Spotify
- Bi-weekly Product Demos, Social Thursdays, Focus Fridays
- Bi-annual company events and hackathons
We embrace the differences of our team members and seek diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and all the other things that make us unique. It is our inherent belief that diverse teams build better products. We aim to create a space where employees can bring their true selves to work every day. Animoto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We welcome you to be a part of it.
Read Full Job Description