Content Marketing Specialist at Siege Media
Siege Media is growing! We are nationally recognized on Inc.’s Best Workplaces list, and have been named one to the Inc.’s 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies for three years running. Interested in joining the Siege team? We currently have a spot open for a talented Content Marketing Specialist to help us continue to deliver great content for our clients.
We don’t believe in making you sit in long meetings, create pointless reports, or work with people you hate. If you want career growth and the opportunity to help grow a company from the ground up, you’ve come to the right place. Perks include health, vision and dental benefits, 401k, donation matching, career development budget, unlimited vacation, active event reimbursement, quarterly out of the office “Siegetivities”, office snacks and happy hour, a relaxed (& dog friendly!) work environment, and free pens. Everyone loves free pens.
We are headquartered in San Diego, CA. America’s Finest City. This full-time position will be based in our growing New York City office located at 287 Park Ave. S. Learn more about working at Siege by watching our careers video, and experiencing our culture on Instagram.
- Research various online channels for subjects and trending news stories.
- Generate creative ideas to develop as content and pitch to journalists/bloggers.
- Have a firm grasp on writing effective titles for the press.
- Nurture and develop relationships with writers, reporters and web editors.
- Write effective web copy for the purposes of marketing websites in diverse verticals.
- Experience running high volume email outreach campaigns (100 emails/week) and ability to manage responses.
- Do whatever it takes to grow the online presence of our clients.
- Tech savvy/interest in the internet
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to form productive working relationships
- Strong project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple projects while still working effectively
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Close attention to detail, i.e. near perfect grammar and strong editing skills
- Proven ability to generate creative ideas that attract attention on the web
- Copywriting or blogging experience
- 2-4 years experience working in an agency or similar marketing environment
- Basic to Intermediary SEO knowledge
- Experience using Microsoft Office and/or the Google Doc tool suite
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS, with an eye for good web design
- Working knowledge of SEO tools and how they can be used to help improve client websites
- 1-2 years experience working with the press, reporters, or national/international news outlets
Pay for this position depends on experience and skills, but mostly skills. Siege Media also offers 401k matching, health, dental and vision insurance, a yearly $1,000 career development budget, unlimited paid time off, and other great benefits. These benefits will become available to you after a two month probationary period.
To apply for this position, email [email protected] with “schmear” incorporated in the subject line.
Please include the following:
- Your resume with a short introduction/cover letter
- Why you are interested in this position
- 1-2 relevant blog writing samples (ideally over 500 words)