At Teachable we empower creators and entrepreneurs to transform their knowledge and experience into online courses. We’ve got a lot to share with our creators in the coming years and we need a best-in-class content marketing pro to help us educate and inspire them.
Creating compelling content is an art; the person who is the right mix of wordsmith, strategist, and marketer is hard to find but we’re confident you’re out there. In this full-time role you’ll lead educational content development and work cross departmentally to address the needs of our creators. You’ll conceptualize and develop our new creator education portal, develop educational articles and courses, and lead content creation for teachable:u—our wildly popular course for new creators.
You’ll report to our content lead and work daily with our marketing team, product team, and creative team to build educational experiences that propel our creators to new levels of success. If you’re obsessed with writing and creating meaningful, customer-focused content you belong on our team.
- 4+ years experience in content marketing, brand marketing, or product marketing. Background in journalism, editorial, publishing, or digital media is preferred
- Proficient in interpreting customer data and research and responding with content that speaks to the wants and needs of the customer
- A respect for maintaining the integrity of the brand voice and tone
- A mastery of engaging, persuasive writing style and the ability to adapt your tone to various customer segments
- The ability to produce content that delivers on core marketing objectives and KPIs
- Basic knowledge of SEO best practices for on-page optimization
- Excellent project management skills and an ability to prioritize when there are multiple projects in flight; must have experience leading big projects from ideation to completion
- Skilled in cross-departmental collaboration
- Excellent grammar and editing skills
- The ability to adapt content to a variety of channels
- A passion for writing content that educates and improves people’s lives
- Preferred: Knowledgeable about the creator economy and understand what it means to be an entrepreneur
- Drive engagement, conversion, and acquisition by planning, developing, and writing content that educates and inspires our creators.
- Work with content lead to develop content strategy and content calendar
- Build and execute content across multiple Teachable properties including, but not limited to, in-product education portal, blog, video, and email
- Build Teachable’s reputation for best-in-class educational content for creators, entrepreneurs, and business owners
- Work with the content lead and lifecycle marketing team to develop content that can be used to increase acquisition and conversion and support user testing
- Get to know our customer segments inside and out and anticipate their content needs
- Collaborate creatively with our social, community, partnerships, and copywriting teams
- Own teachable:u and expand on its offerings
- Own our expanding newsletter channel
- Conceptualize and create new content downloads for various customer segments to assist in acquisition
- Conceptualize and create courses for Teachable creators
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Flexible work policy beginning Sept. 1, 2021
Employees may be designated as Flex (mainly work from home with in-office option), in office, or fully remote upon special approval.
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.