Content Marketing Writer at Squarespace
Squarespace’s Content Marketing team is in the midst of an exciting period of growth. We are looking for a thoughtful, hard-working Content Marketing Writer to contribute to our day-to-day publishing operations. In this role, you’ll write a variety of branded content including articles, seasonal narratives, and customer success stories, with an editorial approach that is grounded in taking users along the customer journey. The right candidate has experience writing compelling, clean editorial content and has the ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and contribute to larger team goals. Familiarity with digital marketing channels and copywriting are also desirable.
Our product serves a wide variety of users, ranging from small business owners to artists and students. As such, you’ll create strategic content according to a range of briefs and contribute to the creation of insights-driven long and short-form digital content that is universally original, authentic, informative, and SEO-friendly. You will report to the Director of Brand, Partnerships, and Content.
- Write engaging content as assigned in the Squarespace tone of voice that demonstrates an understanding of our audience and what they need to be successful.
- Shepherd editorial through an approval process that includes multiple stakeholders, working hand-in-hand with SQSP’s internal Content Studio and leveraging an internal and external contributor network of writers and creators.
- Leverage holistic understanding of Squarespace’s market position and product portfolio.
- Shape the future state of Squarespace as a leading content brand.
- You have 3+ years experience in content creation across multiple formats, with an emphasis on articles, blog posts, how-to content, and long-form pieces like features, guides, and whitepapers. Candidates must submit a portfolio or links to clips to be considered.
- You have experience in user-focused writing, including work in hardware or software. Digital agency experience or journalism experience also preferred.
- You can contribute to concepting how one idea can translate across multiple channels and formats.
- You collaborate well and bring a positive energy to the team.
- You are well-versed in publishing content in a CMS.
- You welcome feedback, can easily revise content based on stakeholder feedback, are accustomed to speed, and motivated by a fast paced and high performing team.
- You possess a journalistic eye and process to evaluate what makes a story a story.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.