Content & Social Media Manager at OpenWeb
OpenWeb (formerly Spot.IM) is on a mission to increase the quality of conversations online. We build technologies that create thriving and engaged communities, reduce toxicity, and increase safety - improving the quality of civil discourse and supporting independent journalism. Today, OpenWeb works with more than 700 top-tier publishers (including News Corp, Verizon Media, CBS, Fox News, Hearst, Refinery 29 and more) and hosts 100 million monthly active users.
Founded in 2012, OpenWeb has over 100 employees between New York City and Tel Aviv. We are backed by world-class investors including Insight Partners, Index Ventures, AltaIR Capital, ScaleUp, and Norma Investments. Together, we are empowering individuals to take action, and demand more from one another. We’re crafting technology that naturally brings people together and fosters healthy discussion—so they have more dinner-table talks and less shouting matches online. It starts with us. Let’s take the web back from the trolls - together. Are you in?
Responsibilities & Requirements
OpenWeb is looking for a dynamic Social Media & Content Manager to manage our social platforms, create, develop, and launch engaging content, and to grow our brand and audiences. The ideal candidate is passionate about online discourse, the business of publishing, and journalism, and has a knack for creating content that gets shared and loved. This person is driven, culturally savvy, and has a deep understanding of social media tactics and practices. They have built communities, are detail-oriented, and understand how to engage influencers and business prospects on social platforms. You will have significant autonomy to own your channels, and be expected to deliver a continuous stream of quality, thought-provoking content, engagement, and growth to support our products, partners, and brand efforts.
- Own and manage OpenWeb social channels, including creating the strategy, writing posts, measuring, optimizing, and driving exponential growth for our audiences and engagement
- Support and drive product marketing initiatives and communications efforts, and build content intended for targeted audiences
- Adopt our brand voice and guidelines, and amplify it through your posts, replies and interactions
- Create and share weekly reports and highlights, manage monitoring and posting software, and adjust as needed
- Prepare required assets for all communications, marketing, and channel specific campaigns and optimize them for sharing and impact
- Work with freelance design and copywriters on specific campaigns/assets, and know your way around Canva and photoshop for templated assets
- Deliver exponential growth across all channels, elevate the brand to our audiences
- Create and provide materials for ABM usage, and support the marketing team as needed
- You have managed social media for a brand (B2B or B2C) and/or creating editorial content for a minimum of 4 years
- You can lend your strong knowledge of the latest social media technologies and best practices or hacks
- You have creative vision as well as exceptional written and communication skills
- You are a natural self starter and a team player
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, where you are juggling multiple projects and priorities
The OpenWeb Culture
We offer a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world class and high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, and creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change and strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role and projects, from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, and make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams and upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone. Join us!
Also, we care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review OpenWeb’s Privacy Practice