They say "sitting is the new smoking". We're here to get more people moving...
Gympass is a discovery platform that empowers companies to engage their workforce in physical activity by providing access to the largest global network of workout facilities. With a single monthly membership, companies can help employees find an activity they'll love among more than 600 activities across the U.S., Europe, and Latin America. Our goal is to multiply the number of people exercising at every company to create a healthier and more engaged workforce.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York, we have a growing team in 30 offices around the world. Our mission is simple yet ambitious: defeat inactivity, and we know the only way to get there is together, partnering with companies, gyms and having the best talent.
We’re looking for a talented Content Writer to work on our marketing team on our community efforts. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Community Growth and work closely with the Social Media Associate to create compelling social media content, blog posts, and web copy. You may also be called on to assist other areas of the marketing team with email copy, paid advertising, and client campaigns. This position requires a high level of creativity, as well as the ability to use data-driven insights to improve content.
If you have a proven track record of creating content that attracts customers, boosts brand engagement, and delights users, we’d love to meet you!
Please submit some writing samples so we can get to know your writing!
What You’ll Do...
- Craft creative and persuasive content for a global audience using multiple channels including but not limited to: blogs, articles, social updates, banners, website, emails, video scripts, paid ads, marketing campaigns
- Consistently brainstorm and collaborate with team for new ideas and strategies
- Research industry topics to bring ideas that are relevant, innovative, and original for Gympass
- Update website content as needed using our CMS
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Help with content optimization, tagging, SEO implementation and ensuring content aligns with digital best practices
- Thoroughly understand and clearly convey the established brand voice through all marketing materials, while ensuring accurate use of grammar and product features
- Deliver creative copy that is on brief, on time, on brand, and effectively communicates the messages as outlined by marketing, internal stakeholders, and business objectives
You should have...
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter, or similar role
- Understanding of how to optimize content across digital platforms (social, video, web)
- Excellent writing and language skills and impeccable grasp of English language
- Deep understanding of written storytelling strategy
- Love of writing in all forms and across channels/formats, and can adapt tone and style while still ensuring a cohesive brand voice
- Ability to work cross functionally, take direction well and collaborate with teams to integrate input from multiple stakeholders - flexible, friendly and positive demeanor
- Strong project management and organizational skills with ability to manage simultaneous projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
- A results-oriented problem-solving mindset to translate company business goals into copywriting
- Familiarity with keyword placement and SEO
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress, Drupal)
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, get excited about finding smarter ways to do things, and have a burning desire to be part of a winning team where you can truly make a difference, we want to meet you!
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and welfare of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Gympass membership, workout anywhere anytime for the cost of one lunch
- Competitive PTO, sick time, company-observed holidays and a floating holiday
- Paid parental leave
- Education reimbursement program
- Outstanding opportunities for personal growth and career development
- An exciting and supportive atmosphere with intelligent (hey, at least we think so) and ambitious people from around the world!
Gympass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gympass does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.