Coordinator, Marketing at Major League Baseball
Responsibilities: MLB Network seeks a Coordinator, Marketing to provide daily support to the Sr. VP, Marketing & Promotions, as well as the overall department, regarding marketing and promotions activities in support of MLB Network and NHL Network.
- Create prize packs, send giveaway items and coordinate inflatable shipments for team Fanfests, Caravans and Promotional Days.
- Maintain MLB Network Tour schedule and communicate updates internally. Conduct tours as needed.
- Primary contact for Opening Day and Postseason Radio Promotions. Conduct outreach to radio stations, send copy and create prize packs.
- Assist with MLB Network Carnival Day planning and execution. Assist with other Marketing events as needed.
- Fulfill donation requests and maintain autographed item inventory.
- Assist in sourcing and maintaining department premium items, while tracking inventory.
- Assist with Jewel Event Merchandise orders.
- Request department creative needs and work with internal departments on ideation through the revision process.
- Provides daily social media analytics.
- Responsible for composing and posting tune in messages to social media outlets (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat) as needed.
- Reviews daily MLB Network programming, utilizes ENPS, and selects and requests appropriate highlight clips to be posted on MLB.com.
- Continuously monitors social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter & Instagram) for comments and feedback.
- Helps execute daily social media plans, sometimes tasked with coordinating plans for the day.
- Contributes to weekly social media brainstorming meetings.
- Assists on social media campaigns related to shows and marquee events.
- Keeps charts/presentations up-to-date.
- Reads up on social media trends.
- Helps promote other MLB Network and NHL Network initiatives and programming as needed.
- Organize and maintain documents and marketing materials.
- Handle packaging and shipping duties for the department.
- Perform general clerical responsibilities (e.g., filing, duplicating, faxing).
- Assist in special projects / events that may arise.
- Other such duties as required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: The ideal candidate must have most if not all of the following skills and experiences:
- Extensive knowledge of both Major League Baseball and National Hockey League.
Strong organizational skills and the ability to create processes
- Proficiency in MS Word (including drafting functions such as document comparison and redlining), Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet research/database management.
- Photo- and video-editing skills (including Photoshop, Final Cut, Premiere) helpful.
- Familiarity and basic understanding of social media platforms,
- Must be detail oriented, meticulous and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work well/multi-task in an entrepreneurial environment, while remaining organized.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- This position requires a self-motivated individual who can interface with a diverse group of people and situations.
- Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in a pressurized live television environment.
- Ability to travel domestically as needed.
- Ability to sit, climb stairs, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Possess the manual dexterity to effectively operate keyboard/mouse on computers, edit equipment, etc.
- Possess the visual acuity needed to effectively create required work product.
- Possess the auditory acuity needed to effectively create required work product.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree required