Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro's vertically-integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth and in-home care, diagnostics, and pharmacy services nationwide to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Ro also provides its patient-centric solutions including Workpath, its in-home care API, and Kit, its at-home diagnostic testing service, to other healthcare companies. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020 and 2021, and named one of FORTUNE's 2021 Best Workplaces In Health Care.
Ro is looking for a Copywriter with a concentration in skincare to help scale our skincare business. Reporting to the Director of Content and Community, this role will craft verbiage for our growing skincare and beauty treatment business. Every letter this person types will help connect people looking for solutions to our simple and straightforward treatments—and will help establish our brand as a stand out in their category
This role will sit on the Marketing team but spend the majority of their time working within the skincare vertical, partnering closely with Growth, CRM, Product, and Design, with constant counsel and consistent collaboration with our Legal and Medical teams.
Who are we looking for? Hopefully you. We’re looking for someone incredibly passionate about skincare, beauty, and writing. Someone who can compassionately communicate about the feeling one gets when they are working on their health and appearance. You are a conceptual and creative thinker. You look at every brief as an opportunity to connect with the consumer. You are a self-starter but collaborative to the core. You love cracking your knuckles over-communicating sophisticated ideas in 25 characters or less. You can flex from punchy headlines to complex product launches with ease. You think and write consumer-first and have a deep understanding of your audience’s point of view. You are passionate about grammar and cannot let a misspelled word or a misplaced apostrophe go–your editing skills are razor sharp. Above all, you want to help people reach their skin goals.
What You'll Do:
- Craft compelling and concise copy chiefly for our skincare products with a strong focus on direct response, UX, and direct-to-consumer copy
- Ensure brand voice is consistent and strong across every user touchpoint
- Use insights and data to drive conversion and click-worthy work on a variety of channels
- Support organizational efforts from product launches to lifecycle campaigns– approaching each project with the end-user in mind
- Understand trends in the skincare, beauty, and telehealth space and beyond, surface internally, and translate to Ro’s portfolio
- Test and iterate to drive volume and boost conversion across every touchpoint
- Work closely with the Growth team to infuse brand voice into direct response copy
- Work with team stakeholders to optimize top-performing copy, but always think outside the box to find the next big win
- Able to tackle old problems in new ways–bringing fresh ideas on how to get a consumer to take the desired action
- Coordinate with medical and legal teams to ensure all written content is medically accurate and legally sound and translate your key learnings to the other members of the content team–ensuring consistency across the board
- Combine compassion and passion for best in category content
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- 5-7 years of experience writing about skincare and beauty
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally in a scrappy, fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
- Comfortable writing across a variety of channels including, email, landing pages, search, and social media
- Communication style that breaks down complex information in an easily understood and thoughtful manner
- Ability to translate brand guidelines into a consistent, ownable voice
- Scrupulous proofreading and copyediting skills and flawless grammar
- Ability to work quickly, independently, and with some ambiguity
- An open mindset and eagerness to learn through feedback
- Eagerness to work collaboratively and on a range of topics outside skincare and beauty
- An unparalleled pen
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.