The Farmer’s Dog exists to simplify giving every dog their best life. First up? Completely reimagining what pet food is, how it’s made, and how it’s delivered. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Our company was launched after our Co-founder, Brett’s, battle to cure the stomach issues of his Rottweiler, Jada. He quickly realized just how broken the commercial pet food industry was - even the “organic” and “natural” varieties proved to be heavily processed - and it was only when his vet recommended a fresh, home-cooked diet that Jada began to improve and was eventually cured. Through a combination of proprietary technology, and a lot of heart, our direct-to-consumer service was born.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
WHAT'S THE ROLE?
- Refine and codify The Farmer’s Dog’s brand voice and tone, drawing upon our brand and product truths, insights from customers, and your own intuition
- Develop guidelines and lead copywriting for all paid and owned channels, including search, social media, e-mail, website, editorial, customer correspondence (including phone scripts), and other on- and offline advertising formats
- Select and manage freelance and agency talent as needed
- Partner across functions (marketing, operations, customer experience, executive team) to understand and address their copywriting needs
- Proactively seek out interesting formats and channels through which to bring to life The Farmer’s Dog brand voice
- Attentive to the details of every phrase, word, and punctuation mark -- but also never lose sight of the big picture of the message and the brand
- Committed to a bold vision and POV, but also receptive to input from anywhere
- Love of writing in all forms and across channels/formats, and can adapt tone and style while still ensuring a cohesive brand voice
- Passionate about understanding our current and prospective customers and figuring out how best to appeal to, and persuade, them
- Comfortable using -- and proactively asking for -- data to inform creative and messaging decisions
- Organized and masterfully manage your own time, knowing what to prioritize and when to delegate
- On top the latest cultural trends, memes, and linguistic styles, but never succumb to passing fads
- Always looking to improve your writing and how our brand and organization is portrayed through it
- Strategically minded but driven by intuition
PERKS & BENEFITS
- DOGS EVERYWHERE!
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Discount on TFD food for your pup!
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental and Vision
- Unlimited vacation & sick days
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Team outings, coffee always brewed fresh, and a strong snack game