LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 3,600 retailers and more than 1,200 brands across 22 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!
LeafLink is seeking a Copywriter to join our fast-growing team. In this role, you will work directly with our Content Marketing Manager and Director of Marketing to drive client acquisition and engagement by writing compelling and effective copy across marketing channels. This role works closely with our email marketing team and will have the opportunity to execute email campaigns independently. The position is highly collaborative and cross-functional, with dependencies on our Sales, Client Experience and Product teams. You need to be a self-starter who is comfortable with change, enjoys a fast pace, and can juggle many tasks and deadlines.
As a self-proclaimed wordsmith, you should be confident at adopting a brand’s voice and tone, from attention-grabbing promotional campaigns to technical product information. You will collaborate on overall marketing strategy and contribute to integrated campaigns for both sides of our marketplace. You’ll bring impeccable organization, creative ideas and proven execution to take our copy to the next level. As an early member of a growing team, you should thrive on flexibility and taking on new projects outside of your comfort zone.
- Write copy for emails, social media, product marketing and landing pages
- Drive customer acquisition and engagement through effective messaging techniques
- Own email and social copy to bring an aggressive content calendar to life
- Collaborate with marketing designers to elevate the visuals on our campaign
- Contribute content direction to platform announcements, email marketing campaigns, and social media marketing
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment that requires tenacity to exploit opportunities and a steady demeanor to handle challenges
- You are self-motivated and excited by the potential to own what you do, you have the willingness to learn and adapt as needed
- You work well independently as well as with other members of the team, both in person and remotely
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills, are outgoing and sociable, and enjoy meeting new people
- You are a multi-tasker and connector, as well as an organized operator who executes on both internal and external responsibilities
- You have knowledge of key project management concepts including phases, plans, deliverables, scope, and tasks
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of startup marketing experience
- Have been a copywriter at a growing company
- Excellent writer
- B2B, SaaS, or E-Commerce experience a strong plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to shift gears quickly and effectively
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, internally and with outside vendors and partners w/ extreme attention to detail
- Generous PTO
- Fun office environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefit Matching (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k Offered
- Stock options