Greater NYC Area
At Teachable, we empower creators to transform their knowledge into income. We need you to help us convince potential course creators to teach what they know—and use Teachable to do it.
We know that good copy is invaluable and we’re looking for someone who lives and breathes it. In this full-time role here at our snazzy New York office, you’ll be able to spend your day doing what you do best—writing fantastic copy that converts, and resonates with the real humans who use Teachable.
If you know you can help us attract new members to Teachable, then we want you to join our team.
- 2–4 years of brand, marketing, and direct-response copywriting experience for a consumer brand
- Experience writing a conversion copy funnel (email, ads, landing pages, etc…)
- The ability to explain how your copy drives measurable results
- The ability to think creatively, empathize, and try new approaches
- Experience helping a brand grow and mature into its voice (as opposed to working with only established brands)
What You’ll Do:
- Write for a range of on- and offline marketing initiatives, including email campaigns, social media (paid), banner ads, landing pages, product copy, video, etc.
- Support stakeholders across Teachable–including brand marketing, product, customer engagement, partnerships, and beyond–with engaging messaging that inspires our creators and motivates them to take action.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in helping us to define and wield our new brand strategy and voice across any and all touchpoints.
- Develop customized strategies and copy based on defined customer segments, user behavior research, and best practice standards.
- Demonstrate the flexibility to take feedback and use new input to change your approach on the fly and refine your work to make it even stronger and more effective.
- Be a champion for our voice/tone and contribute to messaging strategy during key seasonal campaigns and events.
- Establish style rules and help everyone in the company learn to love them.
- Help Teachable level up its copy on every single platform.
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $300M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description