Corporate Communications Associate at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery
Grubhub is looking for a Chicago- or New York-based Associate to join the company’s communications team, reporting to the Senior Manager of Corporate Communications. This person will help guard Grubhub’s corporate reputation by organizing communications programming for external and internal audiences. Additionally, this individual will assist in crisis communications and issues management scenarios impacting Grubhub’s employees, customers and other stakeholders.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, resourceful, determined, and entrepreneurial. He or she should have experience working cross-functionally to develop external and internal communications that convey complex topics in an easy to understand way. This person will also work closely with the rest of the communications team to create and tell new higher-level corporate narratives, and ensure consistency in messaging across all our lines of business. Strong writing skills are a must, as well as the ability to keep up with a fast-paced environment.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Help manage reactive and proactive media relations efforts to explain Grubhub’s business and respond to sensitive topics impacting the company.
- Work cross-functionally to review and recommend external and internal communications.
- Uncover and tell mediagenic stories about Grubhub’s employees, office culture and leadership.
- Assist in speaker prep, event logistics and award submissions to build company and executive visibility.
- Aid in daily and monthly news collection and summarization for internal audiences.
You Should Have
- 2-3 years experience of in-house or agency experience. Working with a publicly traded company preferred but not required.
- Attention to detail and experience drafting communications for a variety of stakeholders and audiences.
- Exceptional judgement regarding business and reputational implications.
- Can’t be afraid of measurement and must have experience using PR measurement tools/analytics.
- You are a team player. Working collaboratively must be a core part of who you are.
- Experience working closely with a human resources function or people team is a plus.
Got These? Even Better!
- Love for the food and restaurant industries
- Experience working cross-functionally to manage projects
- Copy editing and proofreading skills
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.