Corporate Communications Manager at DoorDash
The Communications team is responsible for telling the story of how DoorDash empowers local economies by connecting customers to the best of their communities. The team is a nimble, high-impact group that works cross-functionally with key business stakeholders, touching every corner of the organization. A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, meticulous attention to detail, and out-of-the-box thinking, coupled with a true team spirit and the ability to juggle projects and priorities, are what makes this group so effective. This role on the team will require a self-starter with a deep understanding of business and executive communications, financial media, and corporate reputation.This role will:
- Report to the Head of Corporate Communications; sitting on the corporate communications team
- Help develop and execute against the corporate communications strategy, ensuring our messages are cohesive, consistent, and effective across all of our lines of business
- Lead cross-functional initiatives that reinforce our customer, merchant and Dasher value propositions
- Support executive and financial communications, crisis management and communicating the broader DoorDash corporate narrative with key national and local media
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as People, Finance, Legal, and Policy as the Communications representative across any given project and initiative
- Draft messaging for executives and materials for specific announcements, broader company communications, award submissions, and thought leadership opportunities
- You have a minimum of 4-6 years experience in communications, PR or journalism
- You have experience leading corporate announcements and overseeing important company milestones
- You have a deep understanding of the financial and business press landscape
- You are self-motivated with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- You have experience flourishing in fast-paced, fluid and challenging environments
- You are able to work effectively with multiple constituents, including peers and executive management
- You possess excellent people and project management skills, with the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines
- You take your work, but not yourself, seriously—and maintain a good sense of humor about both
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology platform that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, the company currently reaches 80+ percent of U.S. households and has the widest selection of restaurants, cementing an industry-leading position in the U.S. DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.