Corporate Events Manager
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
Collibra is looking for a creative, results-oriented marketer with a passion for growing customer relationships, Collibra employee experience and connecting people through live events. The Corporate Events Manager will support the delivery of exceptional experiences, primarily through the planning and execution of Collibra's Data Citizens customer conference and Collibra internal events.
To achieve this, you will be counted on to work cross-functionally with our Field, broader Marketing, Product, and People teams, and more. You are highly organized, detail-oriented, calm under pressure, thoughtful and collaborative. You are action-biased, comfortable with ambiguity and experienced in event marketing. You have a mix of creativity and logistics, an obsession with spreadsheets, incredible organization and familiarity with managing a budget.A day in the life of a Corporate Events Manager at Collibra:
You’ll be reporting directly to the Director of Customer Marketing and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Contributing to a world-class event experience. You will have a seat at the table in the strategy, development and execution of our annual customer conference, regional roadshows and internal events.
- Collaborating and supporting the complete event cycle from venue selection to contract negotiation, branding, agenda development, logistics, audiovisual, promotion, entertainment and production.
- Building effective partnerships with agencies, vendors and internal partners. Negotiate with vendors, finalize agreements and process invoices.
- Contributing to a cohesive and well-executed event strategy. Supporting the master project plan that drives cross-functional execution across Collibra.
- Coordinating event preparation and effortlessly collaborate onsite to drive execution including staffing, registration, attendee experience, sponsor experience, speaker and session scheduling and more.
- Working within a detailed budget. Meticulously track all spend and ensure events are delivered within budget.
- Building internal awareness of our annual customer conference and regional roadshows Contribute to pre-event briefings and post-event recaps to executive leadership and the broader team to ensure all are properly prepared and understand key results.
- Driving external awareness and attendance for our external corporate events. Work in partnership with our Field team and the broader Marketing organization to raise market awareness of our customer conference and drive registration among target customers and prospects. You will work on creative campaigns to ensure we meet our registration, ticket revenue and sponsorship goals.
- Demonstrating the value and impact of our customer and internal events. Obsessively track event metrics and look for areas to improve and on which to build. Report on event results to raise awareness of the value and impact of the Data Citizens conference.
- Some travel per event needs (~15-20%).
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or a related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in event marketing, experience in SaaS preferred
- Proven track record of creating and executing events that drive engagement and/or advocacy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional project and time management skills
- Strong relationship management skills and a customer-first mindset
- Passion for creating exceptional event experiences
- Adaptable to change and accept ownership for evolving event marketing needs
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Extra credit: knowledge of Cvent, Salesforce, Google Suite, Eloqua, Marketo
- A friendly and rapidly growing environment where your input will be valued and your growth fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally for team meetings, trainings, and conferences
- Flexible hours: quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches. Never go hungry again!
- Did we mention happy hour?
- Spacious brand new offices in NYC
- A state-of-the-art laptop
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package