Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#mustlovedogsWhere You'll Come In
We’re looking for an experienced CRM & Lifecycle manager to play a crucial role in leading how The Farmer’s Dog communicates with its leads, customers, former customers, and evangelists. Your job will be to own our customers’ communication lifecycle - including campaign planning & optimization, the CDP/ESP infrastructure to support your bold ideas and innovative multivariate tests, and all relevant 3rd party relationships.
In the role, you’ll partner closely with teams across the business (Acquisition, Brand, CX, Operations, Data Strategy & Insights, Engineering, etc.) to build a best-in-class customer lifecycle. You’ll work on everything from gaining a deep, nuanced understanding of how to overcome barriers to purchase via high-impact, sophisticated experimentation to strategizing how and when we communicate new products to our most loyal customers. You’ll also work cross-functionally to ensure that our customers’ email & SMS experiences are as enjoyable and seamless as the products they receive in their boxes.
This is an opportunity to take ownership of a team and CRM/Martech stack that can support nearly-infinite levels of personalization and segmentation. You’ll have real ownership over improving our customers’ lives (and the lives of their four-legged companions!) while making a foundational impact on our growth efforts.How You'll Make An Impact
- Lead our CRM strategy and take the reins on implementing high-impact initiatives across the customer lifecycle that accelerate active customer growth and revenue generation.
- Partner with our Data Strategy & Insights (DSI) team to upgrade and optimize our CRM reporting framework, launch impactful longitudinal experiments, and measure CRM initiatives' impact on cohort retention and revenue generation.
- Own our sophisticated CDP/CRM infrastructure - constantly working to evolve and improve how, when, and what we’re able to communicate with our customers.
- Oversee our CRM Associate(s) and the campaign deployment process to ensure impactful campaigns launch smoothly (and mistake free!).
- Partner closely with our Customer Experience (CX) team to leverage lifecycle automation to improve customer and agent experience.
- Own the email deployment calendar while working cross-functionally with Brand, CX, Tech, etc.
- Manage any and all relevant third-party relationships and contracts.
- 3-5+ years of experience in CRM/Lifecycle campaign management at a consumer company.
- Expert in email & SMS automation. Bonus points for experience with CDPs like Simon Data, Iterable, Optimove, etc.
- Strong to expert-level SQL skills
- Working knowledge of HTML, Java-based templating languages (Jinja, Django, ESP-specific, etc.), and a high-level understanding of JSON.
- Strong analytical skills and a proven track record of working with data to drive email campaign ideation and business results.
We have five principles that describe our approach:
- Holistic thinking: We know that nothing exists in a silo.
- Disciplined prioritization: We need to bring perspective, clarity and guidance to the team.
- Data-driven decision-making: We use first principles and are skeptical. We establish context.
- Proactive collaboration: We build vast common knowledge and encourage synchronous, streamlined work from our colleagues and diversity in problem-solving.
- Execute for impact: We are responsible for the growth of the business and the perception of our brand. We are resilient, accountable and relentless.
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota