Data Science Manager, Marketing Analytics
As the Data Science Manager for Marketing Analytics, you'll lead a team of data scientists building data analysis and statistical models to help our Marketing team identify and answer foundational questions.
Squarespace’s Marketing team runs award-winning campaigns that have set the standard for the industry. Inside our company, these campaigns - across TV and online video, podcasts, social and numerous other channels - are managed by rigorous, data-driven analysis and statistics.
The goal of the Marketing Analytics team is to provide the best systems for marketing optimization and strategic guidance. You will oversee a team focused on using data to collaborate with Squarespace’s marketing team on attribution and measurement frameworks, oversee the development of predictive models, and deliver actionable recommendations based upon insights generated through performance data analysis and primary research.
This role reports into our Director of Analytics and is based in our New York headquarters.
- Empower data-driven decision making that helps to grow Squarespace’s revenue by maximizing new subscriber acquisition and current customer revenue
- Manage a team of 7 Data Scientists by defining priorities, project scope, objectives, and milestones, and supporting their career development
- Define hiring processes and go to great lengths to source exceptional candidates
- Help your team surface insights from terabytes of proprietary user, product, and marketing data; communicate compelling recommendations to key stakeholders
- Share your expertise with the team - lead knowledge sharing sessions, extensively review code, analysis, and models, design learning curricula
- Architect and advocate for solutions that enable scalable efficiency gains for the entire team
- Continuously get better - seek out opportunities to further develop your analytical, engineering, statistical, leadership, etc. toolkit
- Collaborate with Data Engineers to design the systems and infrastructure to power our data needs
- Work hand in hand with our industry-leading marketing team to help drive our strategy and maximize the impact of marketing efforts
- 8+ years of relevant analytical experience working with data, including team lead and management experience
- Experience in consumer marketing and familiarity with marketing data sets and supporting a marketing organization
- Comfort working independently on loosely defined, open-ended problems
- Deep understanding of core marketing analytics concepts: attribution & marketing mix modeling, single view of customer framework, lifecycle management, and CRM systems; experience with marketing channel and brand metric measurement preferred
- Solid technical skills, ideally informed by many years working with SQL and Python, but other backgrounds are valued as well
- Understanding of statistical modeling/forecasting techniques and/or machine learning experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication
- Strong data intuition and ability to apply statistical concepts quickly and accurately
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 950 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more