Demand Generation Director at AlphaSights
AlphaSights provides global investment and business professionals with on-demand access to business expertise across all industries and geographies. Through AlphaSights, decision makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, and corporates connect with a dynamic network of industry experts that provide qualitative and quantitative market insights, industry expertise, and execution support. Leveraging cutting-edge technology and our global team of 800+ professionals in nine offices on three continents, we support our clients 24/7 around the globe.
Founded in 2008 by experienced entrepreneurs Max Cartellieri and Andrew Heath, AlphaSights has been profitable since 2010. The company consistently exceeds an industry average growth rate of 20% and is on track to continue driving above-average growth, in revenue and headcount, over the next five years. The company is regularly ranked amongst the fasting-growing companies in the world by publications such as the Sunday Times, FT and Crain’s New York. Learn more at alphasights.com.
AlphaSights has successfully upended the traditional ‘expert network’ industry through its client-focused, bespoke search-led methodology and the innovative use of digital technology. A key component of this success was moving away from the pre-recruited database model epitomised by early entrants to the industry like GLG and towards a custom search-driven approach, whereby an AlphaSights Associate identifies and secures the most relevant expert(s) for the specific client need, whoever and wherever they may be, in near-real time. The central pillars on which this business model rests are (i) a scalable talent model to attract and retain outstanding client service professionals, and (ii) a proprietary technology platform that supports all workflows and tracks all communications end-to-end.
The company operates a highly values-driven culture and is comprised of a team of passionate professionals, strongly aligned behind the mission of ‘connecting the world’s top professionals with the world’s best knowledge’.
AlphaSights’ long-term vision is to become a lasting, meaningful global company. The key to achieving this vision will lie in continuously attracting, training, motivating and retaining outstanding talent; investing in technology, product and data to build an increasingly seamless knowledge delivery platform; and broadening its product and service spectrum so that AlphaSights becomes the go-to knowledge partner for more and more clients.
AlphaSights is a high-end professional services organisation that provides investment and business professionals with on-demand access to tailored expertise across industries and geographies. Our clients purchase a service that is custom-tailored to their needs by our Client Service teams. While our delivery processes are supported by a pioneering technology layer, clients value us for the ‘brain work’ of value-added advisory and responsiveness.
The Marketing organisation at AlphaSights is comprised of four main functions that work in close collaboration with each other:
- Brand and Communications
- Demand Generation
- Digital and Creative
- Client Led Innovation
Demand Generation is the growth and marketing engine of our Client Services function. It is currently made up of 9 professionals globally who are embedded in our Client Service Teams.
Based in London or NYC, the Demand Generation Director will be responsible for building out and leading the Demand Generation function. The ambition is to grow this team into the best demand generation team in the industry.
You will be tasked with bringing expertise into the team across, Marketing effectiveness (i.e. ROO and ROI tracking and dashboarding), Marketing operations, CRM and utilising marketing automation tools, customer segmentation and profiling, and campaign content development and planning for both product launch and client engagement campaigns. In addition to managing and growing your existing team into a global function, you will be responsible for building out the mar-tech stack (i.e. selecting and implementing the software tools required to make CRM and ABM possible at AlphaSights).
To succeed in your role, you will need to combine EQ with an ability to think creatively, strategically and commercially. You’ll need to build deep, productive relationships across the organisation and gain a deep understanding of how our Client Service teams address client’s needs.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing, highly successful SMB with a fun, dynamic, entrepreneurial culture. You will report into the Global CMO and get the opportunity to build out a function within marketing.Key Responsibilities
- Lead the Demand Generation team and grow it both in terms of size and geographic coverage (currently it is made up of 9 people in NYC)
- Embed marketing effectiveness skills in your team (i.e. ROO and ROI tracking and dashboarding)
- Embed customer segmentation and profiling skills into your team
- Oversee the development of large scale direct marketing campaigns (i.e. lead nurturing campaigns as well as product launch and client engagement campaigns)
- Select and put in place the required CRM and marketing automation tools (i.e. build up our mar-tech stack)
What We Look For
- An experienced marketing professional itching for a dynamic entrepreneurial opportunity
- Has worked for 6-8 years in progressive companies (ideally has some professional services experience)
- Strong affinity to people-based businesses and understands how they bring a brand to life
- Expertise in marketing effectiveness, customer relationship management, account based marketing and product marketing
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and commercially
- Has played a lead role in the building and roll-out of a mar-tech stack
- Proven track record managing a team
- Drive and resilience to deliver excellence amidst tight timelines and changing circumstances
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills; fluency in English is essential
What You Can Expect
- Report into global CMO of a 800+ company
- Multidisciplinary collaboration and co-creation across the four functions within marketing
- Close collaboration between Demand Generation and Client Service teams
- Ability to join the leadership team and contribute to firm growth in a meaningful way
- Autonomy, responsibility and accountability in your role
- The opportunity to build and a function
- The opportunity for promotion from Director to VP
- Entrepreneurial, high-growth, fast-paced culture
- Young, dynamic, energetic, global team
- Comprehensive medical benefits (health, vision, and dental),
- Subsidised lunch program, corporate gym discounts, monthly team events, free breakfast & snacks.