Demand Generation Specialist - Talent (NYC or Remote)
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
You are an experienced B2B digital marketer with a passion for driving growth and demand. You have experience executing digital marketing campaigns that leverage a variety of tactics, including email, social media, and online advertising. You’re familiar with the marketing funnel and understand how to reach people at each stage of it. You have a high attention to detail, care about the quality of your work, and are always looking to improve. You’re analytical, methodical, efficient, and leverage data to help guide decisions. You’re a self-starter and a team player who enjoys rolling up your sleeves to get things done. You’re happy to teach others your skills and level-up your fellow marketers.
What you’ll do:
- Be an integral part of the Digital Marketing Team, driving demand generation initiatives for Stack Overflow’s Talent line of business.
- With the Digital Marketing team, you’ll come up with creative and comprehensive ways in which we can expand awareness of our product offering, and help reach established growth goals for the business.
- Launch and manage a range of ad campaigns, while continuously monitoring, iterating and optimizing for performance.
- Create and execute automated nurturing campaigns and workflows, designed to engage leads throughout various stages of the marketing funnel.
- Leverage existing templates to produce and optimize campaign assets, including landing pages, web forms, and emails. (with the support of the Stack Overflow Design Team)
- Maintain and grow our social presence on our Stack Overflow Talent social media accounts.
- Continuously track and report out on the performance of campaigns and overall contribution toward goals.
- Identify trends and insights and brainstorm new and creative growth strategies.
What you need to have:
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in digital marketing, preferably for a B2B company.
- A good grasp on the technical aspects of digital marketing.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- A team-player mindset with the ability to coach others.
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Proficiency in analytics and working with marketing data.
- Experience with online advertising, email marketing, social media, and conversion optimization.
- Solid understanding of email deliverability and what impacts it.
- Experience using various CMSs and CRMs, marketing automation tools, social media management tools, and Google Analytics.
- Empathy for, and understanding of, developers (how they think, work, learn, communicate, and find jobs).
- Hubspot, Iterable, and Hootsuite experience is highly desirable.
- Previous experience marketing and driving demand for B2B HR/job-related products or services
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
What you value:
- Servant Leadership: The best managers lead by empowering and inspiring their team to do their best work.
- Collaboration: The best products are created when people from different backgrounds and disciplines work closely together in an environment of respect and trust.
- Transparency: Trust is built on openness and transparency. If there is not a good reason to keep it a secret, we share it.
- Inclusion: We do our best work when we can be our whole selves at work. We’re committed to policies and benefits that support people, and managers who foster an open and inclusive culture.
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll help you set up a great home office, with an ergonomic chair, standing desk, and any other equipment you need to do your job.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll get your own private office in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.