Demand Planning Analyst
WHO WE ARE
Our mission is simple: Help every dog live their best life. The Farmer’s Dog is reimagining what pet food is, how it’s made, and how it’s delivered. We recently raised the largest series B of any pet-related startup and are backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Our company was launched after our Co-founder, Brett’s, battle to cure the stomach issues of his Rottweiler, Jada. He quickly realized just how broken the commercial pet food industry was - even the “organic” and “natural” varieties proved to be heavily processed - and it was only when his vet recommended a fresh, home-cooked diet that Jada began to improve and was eventually cured. Through a combination of proprietary technology, and a lot of heart, our direct-to-consumer service was born.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
WHAT’S THE ROLE
Our Demand Planning Analyst will help us strategize for the exciting growth of our products and brand, using historical data and growth inputs to build and maintain our forecasting model and tools. Additionally, this role will partner closely with our third party partners and the rest of our Operations team to plan future capacity needs and allocation of our production across the country. The role will require close partnership with the rest of the Operations team as well as our Growth team and our third party partners.
- Demand Planning: Build and own bottoms-up forecasting model and tools, informing decisions for our supply chain including purchase planning and product allocation
- Capacity Planning: Partner with third party facilities to ensure there is ample capacity planned for both current-state and future-state of the business.
- Internal Planning: Work with the Operations team to build inventory and purchasing dashboards
- Reporting: Build and own reporting to various groups within the executive team, marketing, and operations
- Seek to improve models and planning as the business continues to add new SKU sets, product lines, distribution nodes, and expanded delivery areas
- Work cross-functionally with growth, marketing, operations, business intelligence, and engineering teams to ensure changes in the business flow through to the supply chain
- 2+ years of experience in demand and capacity planning
- Data-driven and analytical combined with a strong understanding of supply chain
- Skilled in Excel and Google Sheets, using complex formulas from multiple data sets and incorporating macros
- Experience building forecast models a plus
- Seeks to answer unknowns; doesn’t wait for permission to ask questions.
- Investigates all the elements of a business or project with a data-focused lens to answer questions or improve processes and accuracy; always seeking new information and insights.
- Comfortable in fast-paced, evolving small business
PERKS & BENEFITS
- DOGS EVERYWHERE!
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Discount on TFD food for your pup!
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental and Vision
- Unlimited vacation & sick days
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Team outings, coffee always brewed fresh, and a strong snack game