Digital & Email Marketing Manager
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
You are an experienced and growth-oriented digital marketer with robust marketing automation and email marketing experience. You’re familiar with the marketing funnel and understand how to reach people at each stage of it. You care about generating leads and keeping customers happy. You consider yourself a technical digital marketer. You’re analytical, methodical, efficient, and always in search of how to do things better. You know how to use data to create successful workflows and campaigns that drive results. You’re ready to roll up your sleeves and carry the load with the rest of the team. You’re comfortable switching projects and mindsets often to meet the needs of the business. You’re a team player who collaborates well with others to get things done. You’re a self-starter who doesn’t sit around and wait for things for happen. You’re happy to teach others your skills and level-up your fellow marketers.
What you’ll do:
- Be an integral part of the Digital Marketing Team, supporting digital marketing initiatives across the funnel and across Stack Overflow’s product suite.
- With the Digital Marketing team, you’ll come up with creative and comprehensive ways in which we can continue to increase visits, leads, and MQLs.
- Create and execute digital marketing initiatives including email marketing and lead nurturing workflows; play a supporting role with stakeholders on the digital team on SEM/PPC campaigns, content marketing, display advertising, and more.
- Produce and optimize website elements, including landing pages, website copy, CTAs, forms, videos, and more.
- Improve campaigns on an ongoing basis, including conversion optimization, A/B testing, running experiments, etc.
- Measure and report on the performance of campaigns, assessing against goals.
- Work with Digital Marketing Lead on lead flow including lead scoring and distribution as well as on special projects such as ABM pilots.
- Identify trends and insights and brainstorm new and creative growth strategies.
What you need to have:
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in digital marketing, preferably for a B2B company.
- A good grasp on the technical aspects of digital marketing.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- A team-player mindset with the ability to coach others.
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Proficiency in analytics, marketing data, lead nurturing, email marketing, SEO/SEM, and conversion optimization.
- Solid understanding of email deliverability and what impacts it.
- Experience using various CMSs and CRMs, marketing automation tools, and Google Analytics/Tag Manager.
- Empathy for and understanding of developers (how they think, work, learn, communicate, and find jobs).
- Hubspot and Iterable experience is highly desirable.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.