We are considering candidates who are based anywhere within the USA with a preference for NYC Tri-State area.
At Animoto, we believe video is the most powerful form of communication. That’s why we make best-in-class, easy-to-use online and mobile video creation apps. Our customers use our apps, along with our pre-built narrative templates, to customize their own engaging video stories to share on social media and beyond.
Over the next two years, we have a mission to make video creation faster, easier, and more fun in ways that have never been done before.
We are looking for a highly analytical results-driven marketer to lead customer acquisition and growth. You will acquire new customers by optimizing our acquisition campaigns across paid & organic marketing channels. You will also manage marketing spend and performance forecasting and will work with the Finance and Executive teams to drive predictable top-line growth.
What you'll do:
- Lead the customer acquisition team
- Develop a creative and cohesive marketing strategy to scale customer acquisition across all paid and organic digital marketing campaigns including search, social, display, app store, and video
- Use data, customer insights, and usability best practices to identify and inform prioritization of key growth initiatives
- Improve key conversion funnels to unlock user growth, subscription growth, and revenue growth
- Uncover new growth opportunity (including new platforms, channels, and advertising and integration opportunities) to acquire new and engaged users
- Improve conversion through AB testing, optimizing paid media campaigns, organic initiatives, and conversion rate optimization
- Work with Analytics team to push the evolution of our analytics platforms to support our growth team needs
- Use a customer-oriented approach to growth, always balancing the need to move the needle with the needs of the user
- Take ownership of and report on key metrics and KPI's for the acquisition team
- Be a hands-on contributor. You're comfortable writing copy & creative briefs, running data analysis, and diving into the details
- Integrate closely with the brand marketing team to improve all efforts across channels and drive top-line growth
- Manage the budgeting process for customer acquisition, including forecasting and ROI assessments
- Present progress to executive leadership
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years experience in an acquisition-focused marketing role and 2+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience with SaaS / subscription-based products
- Experience establishing paid media programs consisting of integrated tactics of search, display, SEO, and social
- An understanding of the full funnel and an ability to drive growth through a blend of product improvements and marketing initiatives
- Strong analytical insight and a love for making data-driven decisions
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing A/B and multivariate tests
- Proficient in SQL and data analysis
- Deep understanding of marketing's relationship to overall financials, budget forecasting and ROI assessment/tracking
- High level of independence and ability to execute across the marketing stack
- Understanding of the psychology of what works and why
- Experience managing annual media budgets (~$5M+)
- Equal parts strategic thinker and hands-on ”do-er” and builder
- Experience working in a cross-functional role/organization
Why join Animoto:
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Bi-annual company events and hackathons
- 100% covered health insurance, equity, 401k, and corporate discounts with AT&T and Crunch
- Upgraded subscriptions for Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Spotify
- Bi-weekly Product Demos, Social Fridays, weekly catered lunch, fully stocked kitchen
We embrace the differences of our team members and seek diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and all the other things that make us unique. It is our inherent belief that diverse teams build better products. We aim to create a space where employees can bring their true selves to work every day. Animoto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We welcome you to be a part of it.
Read Full Job Description