Director of Ad Solutions
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
We’re currently looking for a motivated and experienced Director of Ad Solutions. As a key owner of our pre-sales strategy, the individual in this role will be responsible for helping the Sales Planning team develop industry-leading media plans that capitalize on one of the most robust inventory sets in the industry; thinking critically in a fast-paced environment to satisfy individual client needs; working collaboratively with various teams across the entire sales org; and staying at the forefront of changes across the broader media industry. This role will report into the SVP of Ad Solutions and Innovation.
- Assist Media Planning Director with workflow management, product diversification and cross-organizational communication
- Liaise will key POC’s across all social, OTT and ad tech platforms to maintain and optimize ad product portfolio
- Attend and contribute to brainstorms related to RFPs, RFIs and proactive proposals
- Offer strategic assistance and help build media plans at highest budget levels
- Work with Media Planning Director to revise media plans to meet highest quality standards
- Perform yield management by monitoring and managing inventory across all channels and platforms
- Nimbly respond to client requests and plan revisions
- Attend client meetings and act as the face of Sales Innovation for Group Nine in-market
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience, including direct experience with media planning and sales support, with at least 2-3 years spent in a digital environment
- Previous management experience
- Experience with Salesforce or other relevant sales CRM and pipeline management software
- Top-flight organizational capabilities and attention to detail
- Ability to remain flexible while managing team on tight and/or shifting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capacity to synthesize complex ad product suite into strategic, industry-leading media plans
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.