Director, Brand Content at Yext
The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, and Jaguar Land Rover—as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department—trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
We are looking for a Director of Content Marketing to be the ultimate player/coach -- someone who can head up the team and has a big vision, but isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and execute. This person will play a key role in giving the Yext brand a unique market advantage through clever storytelling content and strategic distribution. But we’re not talking boilerplate, tried-and-true B2B content that collects dust on a blog; Yext has a strong point of view, and our content should provoke, engage, and educate -- and be front and center with the audiences that matter the most!
You will head up the content function and be responsible for developing the editorial themes and master calendar, creating a stable of guest writers (inside/outside the company), executive producing the Yext podcast and other marquee content initiatives, writing long-form pieces and catchy copy for advertising campaigns. This role will be serving as the primary content editor to ensure there is high quality and consistency with everything we produce. Reporting into the CMO, you will work closely with the integrated marketing, communications, social media, growth marketing, product marketing, and sales teams on critical initiatives, partner with the Yext Creative Studio to help reimagine our content experiences, and team up with the data and insights team to ensure that we can make our narratives more persuasive with data. You’ll also be a key contributor to brand campaigns (from ideation to execution) and work with the CEO and other key executives.
What You’ll Do
- Develop key content themes that have a strong POV and build an accompanying editorial calendar
- Create and execute a guest editorial program incorporating internal and external voices to help diversify and amplify our storytelling
- Concept, write and edit -- a lot!
- Executive produce stand-out content experiences, including the Yext podcast and other creative programs
- Use data and analytics to continually measure the impact of content and optimize content marketing programs across all channels
- Be customer-obsessed and anticipate what they want to know and how to best deliver the message so that they are inclined to take the next action
- Manage a small team of content strategists and collaborate across marketing, sales, and other departments on key initiatives
What You Have
- Bachelor’s Degree, relevant educational credentials, or similar college level education
- A proven portfolio of content initiatives that has helped moved a company forward
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Experience working in tech or a hyper-growth organization
- Excellent people management and development skills
- Interest in working in a highly cross-functional environment
- Understanding of media and how to scale content
- Ability to come up with creative concepts and use humor where/when appropriate
- Low ego
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.