Director of Brand Marketing (NewCo)
What is NewCo?
“NewCo” (short for “New Company”) is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) start-up venture being incubated by Harry’s. Over the past year, Harry’s has identified and vetted an exciting opportunity to create a new brand and business in an underserved CPG (consumer packaged goods) category. They are now gearing up to launch and looking to hire a team to build and run the business, revolutionize another category and improve the experience of millions of people.
About the Role
NewCo’s Director of Brand Marketing will own the overall brand marketing strategy for launch and beyond, playing a major role in growing awareness, driving engagement, and fostering loyalty and love for the brand. You will be responsible for the brand foundations and overarching brand strategy, and translating those into integrated campaigns and activation across PR, influencers, partnerships and other key channels. Additionally, you will collaborate heavily with the creative and growth marketing departments to bring the NewCo brand to life and ensure a consistent vision for the brand across marketing channels. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of building a consumer brand from the ground up.
Who you are:
You are a natural brand storyteller, with deep experience in brand building and development and a proven track record in developing marketing strategies and executing across a number of mediums. You are particularly adept at bringing a brand story to life through organic and earned channels, while also inspired to test and experiment with new ways to reach consumers. You love to gain strong understanding of consumer behavior and can turn data and insights into actionable plans for building a strong base of brand loyalists. You are a strategic thinker, and are not afraid to be nimble and change directions if needed as we continue to grow and learn more about our audience and consumer base. You are excited to join a brand at inception, can thrive in a fast-paced environment ripe with ambiguity and willing to roll up your sleeves to do whatever it takes to help build a brand.
What you will accomplish:
- Manage NewCo’s overall brand strategy for the upcoming launch campaign
- Own all aspects of NewCo’s ongoing brand marketing, including communication strategy, public relations, influencer marketing, and partnerships
- Ensure day-to-day marketing initiatives are aligned with brand identity and objectives, which will be evolving over time post-launch
- Use customer insights and data post launch to evaluate ongoing marketing success, informing future improvements and changes in the brand communication strategy
- Grow organic brand awareness and develop brand loyalty from NewCo’s customer base
- Partner with internal growth marketing and creative departments in developing assets and content
- Drive business development, including sourcing and securing marketing partnerships and event/sponsorship opportunities that build the brand
- Manage relationships with external marketing agencies
- Own the brand marketing budget
- Bachelor’s degree required, an MBA is a plus
- 7+ years of brand management, marketing communications, or advertising experience
- Experience in e-commerce, retail and/or direct-to-consumer, with a customer first outlook
- Proven track record of developing effective and engaging advertising, storytelling and integrated marketing programs
- Experience with influencer marketing, content development and community building a plus
- Ability to form a deep understanding of our customer and how to connect with them through all forms of marketing content
- Management experience, with the ability to lead a team and drive multiple projects at once
- Equally analytical and creative
- Highly collaborative, and ability to work well in a cross-functional team developing cohesive content
About Harry’s & NewCo:
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 as a grooming brand with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, transformed our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo. Now, Harry’s vision is to build a next generation CPG company by investing in and building a portfolio of modern brands across multiple categories.
Harry’s has identified an exciting opportunity to build a new brand and business (“NewCo”) in an underserved CPG category. They are now looking to hire a team to build and run that business, revolutionize another category, and improve the experience of millions of people. As part of the early stage team at NewCo, you will have the unique opportunity to help build a company from the ground up, but with the support and guidance of experts that have done it before and with the backing of world-class investors.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.