Hydrant is looking for an experienced brand marketing leader to champion our brand, grow our brand awareness, and develop an emotional customer connection to the brand. You will be leading the internal creative and brand team to inspire, recognize, and nurture our brand, always seeking out opportunities to elevate and differentiate the Hydrant brand. You will also work closely with the retail team and finance teams to develop various marketing campaigns that will maximize our awareness and drive products off the shelves at various retailers that Hydrant is in. The ideal candidate is a forward-thinking leader who is passionate about the brand. You will be excited to lead the way, not just execute a playbook. Lastly, you are a proven leader who has helped a brand that has gone through an explosive growth and reached scale (+$75M in revenue).
- Direct all creative work streams from project end-to-end, ranging from digital & print design assets, to broader brand awareness, partnership, and high-level marketing campaigns.
- Be the leader and keeper of Hydrant’s brand voice, maintaining consistency across all channels
- Work cross-functionally across creative and retail team to lead all marketing campaigns to drive sales velocity off the shelf in stores
- Own the marketing content calendar and collaborate with the team to ensure timely coordination across social, email, events and partnerships
- Work with finance team to align on KPIs and own the process on forecast vs actual on marketing ROIs outside of Amazon and digital growth initiatives (i.e., Facebook and Google)
- Explore creative opportunities to tap our enthusiastic community of social followers, customers and brand ambassadors
- Lead the building out of our ambassador program and associated communities
- Derive key insights from consumer research to drive broader brand story-telling moments and marketing campaigns
- Lead concepting, positioning & messaging for new product launches & core product portfolio to increase brand awareness
- Manage PR agency to develop stories to build Hydrant’s brand position in the industry
- Build & establish a strong team with a leadership pipeline; coach and develop talent within each functional area of brand (community, brand marketing, copywriting, graphic design etc.)
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the CPG industry with significant exposure to brand-building and omnichannel campaigns
- Experience in a leadership position at a brand that has gone through explosive growth (ideally from low 7 figure revenue to 8 figure)
- Significant experience in structuring and managing successful influencer and partnership campaigns that are measured by some type of ROI (i.e., direct sales on website or sales velocity off shelf)
- Proven track record of driving earned media with the help of a PR agency
- Experience leading and growing high performing teams
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced startup environment and balance competing priorities, as well as a willingness to "roll up your sleeves" and pitch in to ensure successful execution. You don’t always default to outsourcing tasks.
- Strong balance between creative strength and ability to make data-driven decisions and measure ROI
- Outstanding project management skills with the ability to plan and coordinate workflow
- Calm and steady in the face of difficult decisions
- Highly collaborative and self-motivated
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Confident holding both employees and external vendors to high standards
Hydrant is an early-stage wellness startup with lots of exciting milestones to come. You’ll find a supportive culture of continuous growth and a desire to make products that hydrate more people in more places. Competitive pay, stock options, health benefits, including dental & vision (for full-time employees), paid time off, free Hydrant, and the chance to be among the first team members at a high-growth CPG start-up.