Director of Brand & Product Marketing
Greater NYC Area
Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy.
Every year in the U.S., $1.8 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $100 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home --less intimidating.
Perch is headquartered in New York City and has 70+ employees. We have raised over $200 million in financing from top tier investors including: FirstMark, Accomplice and Juxtapose.
Perch is seeking a Director of Brand & Product Marketing to join our team. This is an early-stage opportunity to join a company that is transforming the way customers buy and sell their homes. As a company we believe that the only way to build a leading company in real estate is by building a brand that truly stands for something with a service that solves real customer pain points. We are helping customers with the biggest financial decision they’ll make in their life: the purchase and/or sale of a home. We believe that building a brand that earns our customers’ trust is shaped, in part, by what & how we communicate with customers through online and offline channels and experiences. We’ve had great early success building a high NPS service that is growing every month. We’re looking for the Director of Brand & Product Marketing to take the momentum we’ve built and run with it, ensuring that Perch continues to scale while building a brand that delights customers.
The Director of Brand & Product Marketing must be a strategic leader, but love getting their hands dirty. You will be both people manager and individual contributor. The ideal candidate will be strong in brand story-telling and product communication, with a track record of tying actions taken to impact. You’ve had experience building moments of customer delight throughout your career that didn’t cost an arm and a leg for your company. You’re accustomed to using primary customer research to guide product and messaging choices.
You will work with inspiring colleagues that are similarly driven by serving our customer and came to Perch to collaborate with talented co-workers and do great work. We’ve built a culture of high output and low ego and are seeking candidates who want to work in that environment. This role is NYC-based and reports to our Co-Founder/Head of Customer Experience. This is a full-time, salaried role with equity package.
This role will be responsible for:
- Product Marketing: telling a clear story through copy and design is critical. You’ll ensure that we are communicating our service offering through web, one-pagers, in-home experiences, and agent interactions consistently
- Brand/Community: building a brand that people trust is core to our business. Marketing will partner with our Design team to think through the ways we can build brand at every customer touchpoint: from website to in-home experience to agent interaction
- Voice of the Customer: you will champion the customer and have an expert understanding of their needs and motivations
- Agent Enablement: you will work closely with our agents (Local Market Experts) on how we can more effectively market our product offerings to potential consumers and ensuring they have marketing collateral needed to successfully serve customers
- Content/SEO: you will ensure our content strategy effectively drives top of funnel traffic and mid-funnel engagement by creating content that home buyers and sellers value
- Local marketing: you will find creative ways to help us get the word out about Perch in the local markets we serve, whether it’s sponsoring local events or creating events ourselves that attract potential home buyers & Sellers to attend
- Team Building: Managing and building a high-performance brand & product marketing team is a part of this role over the long-term. We have 2 team members you will manage on day 1, over time that team will as we identify new ways to accelerate growth.
- The Director of Brand & Product Marketing will work closely with Product to identify opportunities for customer engagement and growth. The right candidate will be creative in concepting and thoughtful in identify key messages that resonate with customers
- 7+ years in brand and product marketing in a category that is medium-to-high consideration - buying & selling a house is a big decision…we won’t often be able to drive a closed customer within minutes of a Facebook ad click.
- Strong written and verbal skills that you leverage to ensure consistent brand voice and exceptional product marketing
- Track record of planning and executing marketing campaigns that delight customers and drive business results
- B2C experience required
- Experience in growth stage company required
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Track record of collaboration with creative/design, growth marketing, product management, and sales teams
- Proven track record of success in goal achievement
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA a plus)
- True customer obsession that you use to drive business results
- Creative in identifying new ways to delight customers, with the execution skills to test them quickly
- Customer oriented leader with the understanding the psychology of what works and why
- An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build new solutions
- Leadership skills to motivate team members
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast moving environments. Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done
- Ability to balance thinking big with the practical execution skills to bring ideas to life quickly and cost-effectively
- Track record of good business judgment with maturity, diplomacy, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches
- A strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs
- People describe you as: creative, passionate, a leader, and a strong communicator
Read Full Job Description