Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Role: Director, Brand Strategy
Gemini is looking for a Director of Brand Strategy with experience and passion for building long-lasting global brands. This role will be responsible for driving the brand forward through a creative and analytical perspective. This role will partner closely with the company’s founders and leaders across the organization to guide and support major initiatives that advance our brand and business ambitions. This person possesses an innate understanding of how to manage and evolve a highly visible consumer brand through deep product knowledge, data-driven insights and marketing best practices.
The right candidate for this role will be an experienced operator, creative, strategic thinker with a track record of successfully launching products and experiences that customers love. You will bring together a rigorous analytical mindset with a deep appreciation and understanding of building brands. You are right for this role if you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, you are undaunted by ambiguity and deftly juggle competing priorities. You are right for this role if you have exceptional ability to bring collaborative leadership to cross-functional teams and apply sound judgement to make appropriate tradeoffs to deliver world-class results.
- Become an expert of Gemini’s brand, products, audience, and surrounding competitive context
- Help build Gemini’s brand architecture and strategic frameworks to allow for an evolving brand as we grow and scale over the next 3-5 years
- Develop highly actionable models, toolkits (including Gemini’s first Brand Book), and frameworks to help teams effectively and consistently activate the brand strategy
- Commission and analyze various market research and competitive studies in partnership with external research teams and internal data teams
- Achieve brand consistency across the entire organization: Product, Marketing, Communications, Design, Business Development etc.
- Craft communication strategies and briefs that shape the articulation of Gemini’s brand and marketing strategy, ensuring consistency across all touch points
- Participate in campaigns from end-to-end including the creative processes, targeting and segmentation exercises, planning, execution, and reporting
- Work closely with our founders to bring their company vision to life through brand and campaign development
- 12+ years experience in brand or creative strategy with a strong understanding of product and brand marketing
- Highly skilled in the development of data-driven insights and application of insights to develop strategic recommendations
- Hands-on experience rolling out successful global marketing campaigns
- Ability and willingness to work at the strategic level (using customer behavior to generate bold and innovative ideas for engagement) and the tactical level (oversee the development of creative content, analyse data, solve problems as they arise).
- Ability to produce simple and compelling presentation of strategies to stakeholders within and outside of marketing, always grounded in sound rationale.
- Proven communication skills with experience presenting to leadership
- Experience working in tech sector working with product teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit and experience to be successful in fast-paced environments
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.