Director of Brand
The Farmer’s Dog is the leading tech-enabled pet health brand on a mission to disrupt the $90b global pet food industry. The company is VC backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
In a industry with little regulation, constant recalls, and rampant misleading advertising, The Farmer’s Dog brings a fresh perspective that all dog lovers have been waiting for. Utilizing its proprietary technology, The Farmer’s Dog’s first service reimagines pet food by making healthy, fresh food incredibly easy to feed. Vet-developed subscriptions are personalized to each customer, while fresh, human-grade food is pre-portioned for each dog and home-delivered within days of cooking. The service has delivered millions of meals and is quickly revolutionizing the broken pet food industry.
The company was launched after Brett’s battle to cure his dog’s stomach issues illustrated how processed and un-healthy even “organic” and “natural” pet food truly was. After testing every pet food on the market without success, Brett resorted to a fresh, home-cooked diet at his vet’s recommendation. The results were staggering — Jada was cured. Once he realized how powerful and healthy fresh food can be, he team up with Jonathan to develop a fresh alternative to pet food and create the product they wished existed for their own dogs (and dogs everywhere).
Join The Farmer’s Dog team on its mission to bring peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and fundamentally change the way people think about caring for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
The Farmer’s Dog seeks a Brand & Creative Director to create and lead all consumer facing marketing experiences. This person will be able to develop and execute brand strategy with a digital first mindset. As a leader, this role will own brand strategy for TFD's product and service offering and the way this is communicated internally and externally.
- Draw from key pieces of the TFD story and turn them into a compelling narrative that will resonate with and excite consumers
- Develop, Lead and shape the TFD brand and messaging; Work with creative partners including agencies, photographers, design teams etc. establish a clear point of view regarding key topics relevant to TFD and ensure our story is applied thoughtfully throughout all external communications.
- Develop a clear content strategy and vision and ensure that ongoing efforts deliver against the strategy and drive against key business goals, including video production
- Partner with outside agencies to bring our narrative to life, both visually and functionally, communicating a clear and exciting value proposition to potential audiences
- Partner with internal teams to drive communication strategy for product launches
- Use quantitative and qualitative customer insights as well as brand strategy developments to continually impact the ongoing conversation between TFD and our audience
- Create organic strategy of key owned channels (website, mobile app, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.), including their role, goals per channel, visuals, calendar, growth strategy, dedicated budget, etc.
- Identify and engage with relevant media and influencers that will aid in TFD awareness and customer acquisition goals
- Develop and own the offline/online marketing calendar strategy, ensuring all channels (owned, earned, and paid) are aligned to achieve the goals of the company and marketing team
- Collaborate with internal and external teams in the development, execution and measurement of brand campaigns
- Manage day-to-day relationships with outside agencies for offline, online, and mobile efforts
- 10+ years of experience in creative marketing and brand marketing - particularly in a fast growing company
- Expertise in developing brand messaging and narratives and strong desire to expand on your experience and skills in this area
- Strong leadership in a high-growth organization
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to swiftly adapt to changing market conditions and think creatively in a startup environment
- Demonstrated success defining and executing data-driven growth strategies while still staying true to the core values of a brand
- Natural brand marketer, able to combine a deep understanding of the customer, the market, and our brand to develop interesting, compelling, and business-driving campaigns and initiatives
- Love of dogs!
Health, dental, puppies
Beat that, Google!