Director of Communications
BetterCloud is the first SaaS Operations Management platform, empowering IT to define, remediate, and enforce management and security policies for SaaS applications. Over 2,500 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud for continuous event monitoring, quickly remediating threats, and fully automating policy enforcement. Which is why CB Insights and the New York Times named BetterCloud as one of “50 Future Unicorns” in 2019. BetterCloud is located in New York City, San Francisco, and Atlanta.
Communications plays a critical role in connecting our people with BetterCloud’s mission, strategy, and brand. As the Director of Communications, you will be responsible for championing our employee centric communications and fostering an open and transparent BetterCloud culture. You will be responsible for creating and executing the internal communications and recognition strategy across our entire organization. You will craft and deliver creative, relevant messaging to build a more united, collaborative, and engaged workforce. This position reports to the Chief People Officer and will work closely with our CEO and senior leadership team, to develop and drive initiatives that make our team feel informed, engaged, and fulfilled by their work.
- 6-10 years of corporate communications experience
- In-house experience at a high-growth startup preferred, but not required
- Proven success in increasing staff engagement, development of institutional messaging and content, and connecting with diverse, disparate audiences
- Proven ability to understand and apply concepts and best practices used in issue identification, message formulation, communication delivery, and audience targeting, including the ability to use analytics to gauge and boost readership and engagement.
- Demonstrated success in building internal business relationships at a senior level with a proven record of accomplishment in internal communications.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Polished presence and demeanor
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to develop and execute multi-platform communications strategies
- Ability to think creatively, approach communications with a fresh perspective and manage cross functionally essential.
- Build the BetterCloud brand as an employer of choice for top talent and support the continued growth of the company as it expands to new markets
- Standardize and increase efficiency of our current communication practices by providing more structure and identifying the best vehicles for each audience.
- Develop the internal communications strategy to clearly and frequently communicate key business initiatives to inform, align and energize our teams regardless of location. This includes, but is not limited to, internal publications such as newsletters, emails, as well as online, intranet, and video projects.
- Evaluate the efficacy of existing communications content and channels, and build the right communications frameworks and tools as a foundation for the function
- Partner with senior leaders and the People & Culture team to develop and drive employee engagement and culture initiatives
- Draft internal messages, announcements, presentations and content on behalf of the business, business leaders and other internal clients, while ensuring internal communication messages are consistent across all mediums
- Oversee the content and production of monthly all hands meetings and company sprint emails
- Partner with business leaders to prepare strategic communications plans, executive communications and documents needed for internal announcements.
- Strategize, create, and publish content for a variety of internal communications mediums
- Work collaboratively with various functions across the organization to create a communication calendar that structures the flow of communication to reflect the business needs of the company and builds culture through the sharing of stories.
- Work to develop and implement a consistent voice and tone for leadership communications
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.