Director, Community & Engagement at Vimeo
Vimeo’s mission is to help every business and video professional grow their brand with video. We offer a single turnkey solution to create, collaborate, and communicate with video. Our cloud-based platform allows anyone to produce, edit and stream their own content, securely review, collaborate, host or publish that content anywhere, and measure and optimize results. Foundational to Vimeo is our community of over 200 million members. They represent everything from high-end video producers, metric driven marketers, small business owners, agencies, enterprise teams, and everyone in between.
Vimeo is looking for a Director of Community and Engagement to establish a new role within Vimeo’s marketing organization. This role will be focused on amplifying user stories, highlighting how they are succeeding with video, and curating best-in-class work created and shared on Vimeo. This is a leadership role overseeing Vimeo’s content, organic social and curation (Staff Picks) team. You will oversee our internal content studio, which is responsible for telling the stories of our community using our platform to succeed with video. The team is also responsible for community engagement across our owned channels including organic social platforms and our monthly newsletter.
In addition to the teams you lead, this role will also require you to work closely with:
- Vimeo’s creative team that includes all design, copy and video production for all community/content campaigns
- Vimeo’s product marketing team on new product launches and supporting content
- Vimeo’s product org to define the future of inspiration and surfacing content on Vimeo
You will need to be creative, strategic and analytical, oriented toward solutions, comfortable with inspiring change, and willing to wear multiple hats throughout Vimeo. The ideal candidate will have a track record of both telling customer success stories at scale and understanding how to use products to drive inspiration and motivate users to use Vimeo for every part of their video marketing strategy. Experience with scaling a content studio and community while contributing to cross-channel campaigns for high-profile brands is required.
If you’re passionate about supporting a community of creative professionals and excited by the opportunity to elevate the Vimeo brand through product and content marketing all while sourcing incredible businesses and talent, you might just be the perfect fit.
This is a full-time leadership position and will report to the CMO.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the development of Vimeo’s community initiatives - Customer Success Stories, Curation Team, Staff Picks, Vimeo Festival & Awards, Community Product development and launches, grant projects, and new programs involving agencies and creative professionals
- Oversee and lead the Content and Curation team and scale an in-house content studio to tell success stories of businesses using Vimeo to grow
- Grow followers and engagement across Vimeo’s organic social channels including, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Identify key moments to activate the Vimeo community across the global cultural calendar, working closely with Vimeo’s Creative, Content, Partnerships, Product, and Paid Marketing teams as well as Vimeo’s Employee Community Groups
- Build, develop, support, and inspire a team of hardworking Curators while optimizing the Curation team’s process, looking for ways to expand curation beyond core segments and reflect the values of our ever-evolving community
- Assess existing curation programs for business impact as well as develop new programs to support other key segments
- Represent Vimeo externally attending industry events and festivals, serving on juries, giving presentations, speaking on panels, etc.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 10+ years of experience working in-house, at agencies for platform/community driven companies
- 5+ years of managing teams and growing large-scale community initiatives
- Proven history of successful leadership
- Passion for all things video and familiarity with a diverse array of video styles
- Proven track record of exponentially growing a brand's social presence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Connections in the Creative, Production, Film, and/or Agency industries
- Driven by data and proficient with tools to provide insights into project effectiveness (Excel, Google Docs, etc.)
- Previous experience at a SaaS company a plus
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs