Director, Consumer Public Relations and Brand Reputation at Grubhub
Grubhub is looking for a Director to join the company's Communications & Government Relations team, reporting to the Senior Vice President of Communications and Government Relations. This person will drive earned, paid and owned media strategies to attract and retain more diners and create compelling campaigns to enhance Grubhub's reputation with key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, resourceful, determined, and entrepreneurial with experience in creating, managing, and executing campaigns that tells a company's story, reinforces brand promises, and highlights points of differentiation in a highly competitive landscape. This person will need to handle several concurrent projects, act as a trusted advisor to members of Grubhub's executive management team and manage/mentor team members. This person will also work closely with the rest of the team to create and tell new higher-level corporate narratives and ensure consistency in messaging across all our lines of business. Strong writing and storytelling skills are a must, as well as the ability to keep up with a fast-paced environment.
The Impact You Will Make
- Lead the consumer communications team, helping to optimize and implement media relations programs demonstrating Grubhub's value proposition for diners, restaurants and drivers
- Develop and execute paid digital advocacy campaigns
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build compelling story angles that will resonate with media across different categories and disciplines
- Leverage public opinion research to create persuasive messaging and campaign materials for both specific announcements, and to use on an ongoing basis
- Help find, secure, and manage speaking opportunities for members of our executive team
- Act as a company spokesperson, when appropriate
- Build and lead a team of communications professionals
What You Bring to the Table
- Minimum 10 years of experience in leading communications campaigns with a focus on consumer-facing brands
- Minimum 5 years of people management experience
- An amazing contact list of national and local consumer media, including broadcast outlets, food, and restaurant press
- A proven track record in developing and leading communications programs, with the results to show for it
- Superior writing skills for both external and internal audiences
- A natural storytelling disposition, and the ability to create narratives out of anything
- Experience in, and a keen eye for, leveraging data to tell national and local media stories
- The ability to work well within a team, willing to roll up your sleeves and always putting our company mission first
Got These? Even Better!
- Some experience in corporate and crisis communications to complement our corporate lead
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience working with/managing external agency partners
And Of Course, Perks!
- PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who's ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster . If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]