Director, Content Marketing
The Marketing Team at Squarespace is in the midst of an exciting period of growth. We are looking for a sharp, hard-working and creative marketer to lead Content Marketing from strategy through execution. In this role, you’ll grow and engage our audience through original written content on our website, blog, owned channels and publishing partners.
Under your leadership, your team will help raise awareness of Squarespace that will lead to increased site traffic and new customers. Our product serves a wide variety of users, ranging from small business owners, to artists, to students. As such, you’ll create content that is universally original, authentic, informative, and of course, SEO friendly. This role reports into the Chief Marketing Officer in New York.
- Craft and implement effective content marketing strategies to drive and engage qualified traffic to Squarespace including:
- Content Roadmap — collaborate cross functionally to develop and manage content roadmap across all marketing channels to ensure flawless execution of various channel-specific marketing campaigns
- Content Development — build content for Squarespace blog(s), social accounts, knowledge base, paid media partnerships, email, squarespace.com, and as needed for other marketing channels
- Content Distribution — identify third party sites, skill learning platforms, communities, etc. to engage our target market via contextually relevant content integrations
- Define and achieve KPIs including:
- Natural search rankings of Squarespace via SEO content
- Conversion of site visitors through content engagement
- Customer acquisition via content distribution
- Brand engagement across marketing channels (email, social, media, etc.)
- 10+ years experience in consumer technology or a closely related industry
- Experience across the entire content marketing process, from needs assessment through measurement
- Excellent writing and editing skills that can be applied to white papers or case studies, e-books, guides, webinars, infographics, short form blog entries, “How To” videos, etc.
- Experience across social networks, blogs, and content sharing communities
- Innate understanding of Brand Voice and channels in all content creation
- Ability to process and make decisions based on data and set quantitative goals
- Experience inspiring, motivating and leading a high performing team
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.